𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 14

Driving out to a forest with a crate full of apples was not a feat many could turn into an inconspicuous activity, but (Y/n) made a valiant attempt to act natural to the best of her abilities

Three days of continuous footage screening had finally led her to the conclusions that both, Misa and Light had relinquished ownership of their Death Notes, and that poor Soichiro Yagami was putting himself through hell for nothing.

It had been a great relief to learn that catching Shinigami on tape was possible if one had touched the Death Note belonging to that particular Shinigami. Seeing Ryuk in Light's cell had enabled her to be privy to both sides of the conversation that her brother couldn't logically participate too much in. It had been the Shinigami's statements that had confirmed it for her-- Light had given up ownership of his Death Note which also meant that he had no recollection of being Kira.

She wondered if false memories had implanted themselves into his brain to fill in the obvious gaps that concerned the Note, but she had bigger concerns to look into at the moment.

Like trying to lure out a certain Shinigami by hiking through the forest until she reached a clearing and dumping the crate of apples onto the grassy ground, rubbing her sore arms immediately afterwards because (Y/n) wasn't in the best of shapes to be lugging around a load of apples.

I should start lifting some more weights. What even is my upper body strength?

Straightening and rolling her shoulders back to bring relief to her joints, (Y/n) grimaced at the clear sky above her, noticing the disappointing lack of Shinigami lurking about.

But her despair had been for naught as not even a moment later, Ryuk came flying through the foliage, eyes immediately landing on his prize before they even registered (Y/n) staring at him, highly unimpressed with his appearance.

"I was facing withdrawal," he defended himself. "It's been weeks since I've had a fresh apple. Weeks!"

She hummed, moving to sit on the crate as she considered the supernatural creature like one might an item on sale. "I'll let you have all the apples you want," she began, much to Ryuk's delight, "but I need you to do me a favor."