𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 6

A sigh escaped the 24-year-old woman as she trudged down the familiar path to her home, feeling the tendrils of exhaustion sneaking up on her as was the expected consequence of three consecutive sleepless nights

She had been at the Task Force headquarters for the better part of the day, staying till six in the evening and helping them form a message for Kira before departing for a long overdue appointment with her therapist in hopes off getting some help with her new and disturbed sleeping patterns. And then, lastly, she had stopped on her way home to buy a bottle of sleeping pills-- worst case scenario, she told herself. After all, she wouldn't be able to function if she missed more sleep.

It had been a long and busy day thanks to the admittedly surprising message they had received from the second Kira, thanking the police and various news channels that inadvertently ended up helping her figure out Kira's identity. (Y/n)'s guess was that it must have happened at some point during their visit to Aoyama, and from L's piercing glance towards Light, it was evident that he had more or less arrived at the same conclusion, thus raising his suspicions of her younger brother.

Then there was the fact that the detective had decided to send a message from the police to the second Kira, imploring the Unsub to come forward for the sake of her own life and tell them all she knew about Kira. From the start, (Y/n) knew it would be useless due to the copycat's evident devotion towards the original, but she didn't bother voicing this since she figured her realism wouldn't be very appreciated.

But what definitely took the cake was when she entered her home only to find a pair of Gothic combat boots neatly removed at the threshold. The woman's eyes narrowed as she removed her own pair of Oxfords, looking up at her younger sister inquisitively when Sayu came bounding out of the living room to greet her.

"Do we have a guest over?" (Y/n) asked, placing her set of keys on one of the small decorative tables they had placed in the corridor.

Practically bouncing with excitement, Sayu nodded violently. "Light's girlfriend just dropped by," she whispered conspiratorially, leaning close to her older sister as she did so.