𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 4

"Ryuzaki," Watari's voice chimed as the laptop screen blinked to life, capturing the attention of all the occupants of the room, "we have a reply from the second Kira

"Ryuzaki," Watari's voice chimed as the laptop screen blinked to life, capturing the attention of all the occupants of the room, "we have a reply from the second Kira."

That was fast, (Y/n) thought, shifting to look at the screen as they all turned to hear what Watari had to say.

"What?" Her father furrowed his eyebrows, turning his back to the conversation he'd previously been having with L and Light.

"I'll be bringing over the envelope and tape that we received, but in the meantime, I'm streaming a copy of the video so you can view it on your end," the elderly male's voice continued as the team gathered around the device whose screen shifted to display 'Kira' written in the same font as preferred by the second Unsub.

There was a beat of silence before the modified voice filtered through. "Kira, thank you for the reply. Please do not worry. I will follow orders and do as you say."

"It actually worked," Soichiro remarked as though he hadn't expected it to. Not that it was surprising since the NPA chose to do things more traditionally when compared to L's...eccentric methods.

Meanwhile, Light looked quite put out at the prospect of being lumped with someone so utterly submissive and dependent. His demeanor immediately shifted, however, when the audio continued.

"I really want to meet you," the second Kira carried on. "I don't think you have the eyes, but you don't have to worry. I would never target you-- that's a promise."

(Y/n) watched as her brother shot her a wide-eyed look after making sure nobody had picked up on his reaction. Out of instinct, he reached out and gripped her hand tightly, leaving her to squeeze it in reassurance that the message didn't necessarily give away vital information. It would most probably be mistaken for a code of some sort.

Still, this second Kira was a bigger idiot than (Y/n) had previously anticipated. If this Unsub only wanted to remain as Light's lackey, then she'd be a liability due to her own mindlessness.

"What's this having the eyes supposed to mean?" Aizawa frowned. "Is it a code?"

(Y/n) gave props to herself for having a spot-on prediction. It was always a pleasure to be right.