Chapter 1: Lilac Sky

Tom's POV

Lilac

One of the most beautiful colors in the sky. 

I usually enjoy watching the sky from the balcony. I don't know why really, but, it's so peaceful to me. To see the sky turn this beautiful range of colors during the sunrise or the sunset is so wonderful. It's also the time I get to myself to think and appreciate the world. 

Sometimes, I use this time to get away from him. 

My "master" Red Leader and my ex-friend Tord. 

I hear a knock at my door before someone opens it. I know it's authorized personnel and not him. He usually comes into my room anytime he wants to, regardless of what I'm doing. He has done it many times before. So, I knew it was probably a maid with my meal. 

I look at the red-haired woman as she places my tray down on the desk. She leaves to go to fetch my...ugh water for me to drink instead of Smirnoff. Why I can't drink my favorite liquor is a mystery. 

Maybe because I'm his guinea pig.

That's right, I'm his pet and guinea pig. 

He could've bought a pet for that but noooo! He wanted something more human~! He could've snatched someone for that. Hell, he could've cloned someone and use them but, nope. He wanted someone special. Someone he considered unique enough. 

He wanted me. 

I walk over to the tray before lifting the dome up. It's usually a surprise dish of meat, vegetables, a starch (gluten-free mostly),  a fruit bowl, salad, and a snack bar with water. Sometimes, I question why it's just water for dinner and why the water tastes funny. I think the water is full of drugs and other things. 

I shiver at the thought. 

I sit down at the small table and start to eat the meal before me. It was a simple bowl of meats and vegetables in a light sauce with a medium bowl of rice, and a small bowl of mixed fruit. I also see a small salad with a...Is that a chocolate bar?!

I quickly slip the chocolate bar into my pocket. It's been so long since I have something unhealthy with these blasted meals! I guess either the maids slipped up, a kind person slipped that onto my tray, or the bastard is finally allowing me to have sweets beyond fruit and a health bar. 

I chow down on the meal with some quickness. While I scoop some of the rice out of the rice bowl with my spoon, I read the letter. It made me slow down afterward because I couldn't stop smiling. 

He was going to be home late. 

I decided to savor the meal this time. Taking in the various meats on one side with the various vegetables on the other. I notice that there was some grilled tofu so, I dipped it into the tangy sauce some more and ate it without the rice. It was well made by one of the several chefs employed at the mansion. 

As soon as I was done with the main dish, I ate the crisp salad and the mixed fruit bowl. It wasn't special. Just a bunch of vegetables on a small bed of lettuce with a little cheese and light dressing. Same with the fruit bowl. 

As soon as I was done, I put the dome back on the tray and took it down to the kitchen. They usually don't talk to me much due to Red Leader's rules about me. I wish he would ease up on his reins. It's hard being around familiar faces and not being able to talk to them. 

"Thomas?" A familiar voice catches my attention. 

"Yes, Maple?" She was Tord's closest and most personal maid. Despite being young, she was given the most control over the house as Head Maid. 

"Red Leader will be here in thirty minutes. He wants you to greet him at the bottom of the stairs," She said with her usual formality. 

"That's if I'm not asleep by then," I reply. I really hate having to do something that tedious. But, then again, I could be punished for it. 

"Also, did you drink your water?" Maple notice something in my pocket.

"No, I haven't. It's gross tasting as usual." I almost rolled my eyes at the thought of drinking it. 

"You know what will happen if you don't drink the water. Besides, the chefs put lemon in it this time," Maple replies.

"Fine, I'll drink it." I walk away from her. 

Honest opinion? She's one of the few people that are allowed to talk to me and it's usually about business. It can be annoying sometimes to talk business and only business. But, it's the only way I can talk to someone. So, I can't really complain much.

I walk upstairs to my room and open the door. With the quickness, I close my door and grab a small chest from under my bed. I place the chocolate bar with the several items I have been hoarding for months now. One day, I'm going to crack this open and enjoy myself with the goodies inside. 

By the time the thirty minutes rolled around, I was already down the stairs and in the parlor. After putting the chest away (it's a miracle they haven't found it yet), I reflected a little about how I got here. Why I'm here in this place instead of at my apartment or with Edd and Matt. 

I close my eyes only for a second before hearing the door open. One of the maids came to get me and I almost tripped over myself trying to get to the main are. There he was, looking around for me. I walk over to see him alone this time. 

"You're late," He says as he looks me up and down. 

"I almost fell asleep. At least I'm here," I reply. I don't want to deal with him. 

I felt a hand stroking my cheek. As usual, I couldn't smack it way without feeling pain. I tried to look at the floor while I felt his calloused hand against my skin. I didn't want to look at him while he exerted his dominance over me. It just felt creepy and wrong. But, I was here and this was my new life. 

"My pet," He murmurs under his breath as he grabs my arm. 

He drags me to the lab for the usual torture and experiment session before sending me off to bed. I question this situation every time I had to deal with it. How did I get into this mess? Oh wait, I remember how.

As much as I hate to say this, I should have run. 

I should've left Edd and Matt behind. 

A/N

Welcome to Hell.