Chapter 3: Starry Night

Tom's POV

There is a routine when it comes to living in the mansion. 

I don't care about said routine at all. The only thing I really care about is Edd and Matt. Since Tord controls the mail here, I have to be sneaky to look at it. Sometimes, I would get the mail before the maids do just to see if my friends sent me a letter. Sometimes, I think Tord hides those letters from me so I don't get any ideas. 

Anyways, I watch the employees sometimes. They have a certain pattern, a certain routine to them. Each person has a role to play in this prison I'm forced to call home. Sometimes, I wish I was back at home. 

Sometimes I question my role here. 

I want to be anywhere but here. I miss England and everything about it. I miss going to the coast, I miss going shopping, hell, I miss going to the arcade. I miss being able to talk to people or walk freely. If I want to go anywhere it's with Tord and on his "generosity" and "time", which is almost never. I ended up getting a toy for my heats out of it though. 

I kept looking at Maple. 

She commands the whole place with ease and not once break character. When she's around me, though, I would find ways to break that character of hers. Today, I notice she was with a sort of blond short-haired woman. A newbie by the looks of it if Maple was training her. 

She looks up and waves at me. I wave back before Maple scolds her for it. I just look down at the fact that I could've made a friend in this place. I wish I could make friends here instead of being isolated so much. 

I look down to see the devil himself coming in. He looks at me with his cold, steel-colored eyes before Maple quickly walks over to talk to him. I almost walk away but, I hear my name being called. I slowly sulk down the stairs and try hard not to look into his eyes. 

"I will be having dinner here with a few people. I want you to stay in your room until dinner is over. I also saw the progress from your training and how well you're taking the lab sessions. The doctor examination is left to be desired but, that can be fixed..." I kept looking at the floor until I felt something lift my head up. I regret it as I see those cold, uncaring eyes look at me. 

"Are you getting this or do I need to amp up the sessions in the lab to more than once a week?" I almost backed away when I heard that. 

I hated the lab.

I hate experiments. I hate the tests he does on me while awake. I hate how he had a sadistic smile on his face when he does this. It's like I'm just here as his stress relief. I'm being kept away from the world and treated like crap by a ruler who ruled it. I just nodded my head and try to keep my head down. I felt my arm getting grabbed before I realize I was being dragged to the lab.

"Since you'll be in your room, I guess we can do a round of shots before dinner." I tried to get out of it. But, I felt the grip of his hand getting tighter. He was going to make sure I get these shots.

After the session in the lab, I laid on my bed. 

I question my routine in this hellhole. It was usually the same. Get up by seven to take a shower by seven-fifteen. Breakfast by seven-thirty with the usual annoyance by Tord before he goes to work by eight-thirty. Take in some fresh air by eight-fifteen. Eight-thirty is when I'm either in the library or outside training. 

I don't mind the training because it's usually with Ethan and Jack. In fact, I prefer it instead of training with others who use caution around me. Ethan and Jack usually treat me like a person instead of what Tord calls me. To them, I'm not special. Even better is that they're friendly and can train me to defend myself against the commie.