Chapter 16: Black Hole

Tord POV

He sat there. 

Well, with his knees up. 

We were in my office again. I wanted to take him out for a little while because he's been a good boy lately. He deserves to leave the house once in a while as a treat. 

I want to take him out of the country for once though. But, after the last time, I couldn't trust him yet. He can understand this, right? I didn't want him to pull a Houdini on me again. 

I kept fantasizing about the day when I can take him out of the country. How he would curl up next to me in our bed. How we can have dinner at a nice restaurant and a walk somewhere. 

That was until I heard the door open and in came Martha, Paul, and Pat. 

Paul sat with Tom while Martha handed me some paperwork. Pat sat in the chair at my desk and started to speak. The one thing I noticed is that Tom laughed and I turned to see a smile on the Brit's face. 

He was still hesitant with Paul around and I knew why. He was wary of Paul ever since our friends' death and my factor in it. Even worse is that Paul was going to give Tom those items until I intercepted him and took them. But, still, he has to get used to the family. I can't have my pet fighting my cousins and this is a good time to learn. 

 "Business is up," I heard Pat said. 

Despite this being Paul's department, Pat did lend a hand in the business side while handling his expertise, technology. He was a wiz at a young age and was able to rob his father of 100 million us dollars before "disappearing" with half that. Paul was the financial advisor of his family because his dad worked a lot when he was a kid. By the time the war started, we had enough money to take over the world. 

"Percentage?" I ask. 

"The a little higher than usual. We still have some infrastructure issues to deal with. Other than that, we're good." Pat didn't bother to look up from his master tablet. 

"Good," I said as I looked over at Tom again. 

Is it weird that I want him to look at me like that?

"Not really." I heard Pat say. 

Shit, I must've said that out loud. 

"Indeed you did," he chuckles. 

I turned and looked outside toward my kingdom. 

It is beautiful, as usual.

 I had designed this when I was young and stupid. I had it in my head that one day, I would rule a country. I would build a castle that overlooked my lands and a tower where people would work for me. To see this as a really even shocks me sometimes. 

I step away from the glass to see everyone doing their own thing. Pat is on his tablet and making a small call. Tom and Paul talk awkwardly to each other and I can see Paul's eyes light up a few times. 

"I heard you can sing. Is that true?" My ears perk up at Paul's comment. 

Of course, he can sing! He has a beautiful voice from the nights I would hear him sing on the balcony. I mean, he always had a beautiful singing voice. When we used to chill in each other's room, oh man. 

We would have jams sessions like crazy. I swear he would secretly roast me for my singing. It wasn't bad but not as good as Tom. But, he would say I can sing and that would make me happy. 

As I sat down, I started to hum a Nickleback song. Don't get me wrong but, it's a classic. I mean I could whip one out and jam to it. That's when I saw Tom perk up a little before hearing him sing.