Chapter 11: Milky Way

Warning! Dark themes! Read at your own risk!

Tom's POV

Ever since I met her, I'm happy for once. 

She never judged me. 

She always talked to me. 

Hell, she made me tolerate Tord more. 

If this was a different timeline, one where I wasn't Tord's pet, she would be my best friend. We would go on so many adventures. Hell, I might even let Edd and Matt meet her for once. 

I wonder if this thing between me and Tord would be different...

Anyways, Annie is her name and she is a sweet pea. I practically begged Tord to have her bring me my food. Why? Because we would chat our asses off about the day. It was so lovely when you looked at it. 

Even the lab sessions became tolerable. 

I would answer each question truthfully as if my life depended on it. I mean it does sadly. But, my demeanor toward Tord was a little lighter with each passing day. I don't know why but, she became the joy in this hellhole. 

So, why does my gut tells me something bad is about to happen. 

I came downstairs to see Maple next to Tord. She looked over at me before speaking again. As usual, she snitched on me about something. I started to walk away when I heard Tord's voice.

"Thomas, I heard you have a little friend." I wanted to scream. She told him, Maple fucking told him!

"Am I not allowed to have friends?" I didn't look him in the eyes but, I could feel his eyes on me. 

"Not unless I approve of them. Besides, I don't think you deserve friends after the stunts you been pulling lately." He walks over at me. 

"If you didn't take them away, I wouldn't act like this!" I heard him stop behind me before he yanks my head up. 

"If you did not act out, I wouldn't have a reason to take them away. I control who you get to interact with, pet. I do not care how attached you are to them. If that means watching you break down afterward, I would make sure to do it more often. Now, give me one good reason why I shouldn't take Annie out of your life." He looks down into my eyes. I could see the storm telling me to mess up. To say something that will set him off.

"She gives me a reason to tolerate your sorry ass." I turn to leave him standing there. I just couldn't be in the same room as him. Knowing what he's capable of.

For the next few days, Annie and I became closer. 

I found out that she was married to my favorite cousin before he passed away. She's a good sharpshooter. I mean, she was able to knock a can off the balcony blindfolded with a rubber band. She loved to sing and would sneak an old bass in so that we can jam. I fucking loved her energy and aura. We were good friends in such a short time.

Then, the storm came. 

The morning I woke up, a different maid came in to deliver my food. As usual, I wanted to ask her where Annie was. But, she left the room as quickly as she came in. I just shrugged and ate. 

By lunch, it was the same thing. A different maid would come in and set my food down. I was starting to worry about Annie. Was she sick or something? Was she hurt? Did Tord have something to do with this as usual? 

Dinner was no better. 

Instead of eating in my room, I ate with Tord and his 'family'. I kept my head slightly down for the most part. That is until Tord lifted my head to look at him. I could see it in his silver eyes and evil smile.