Chapter 5: Blue Moon

Tom's POV

Ever since my last cycle, I've been trying to avoid my "master".

He's been avoiding me too.

Awkward.

Wait, not awkward. More like awesome. Yeah, awesome!

But, still awkward.

I'm thoroughly convinced that this was due to my last cycle. I don't know why but, I woke up in my room. I was covered in a mix of my own and someone else's scent.

Worse is that I kissed some stranger. I still had the taste of a cigar, whiskey, and chocolate in my mouth. But, that kiss was to scare them.

Instead, they leaned into it. Like it was a passionate thing. But, man, were they a good kisser.

I am so going to suffer for this.

I'll deal with that tomorrow. Yeah, I need some sleep after this bullshit. 

Tord's POV

I can't believe Tom of all people would do that!

First, he hid the fact that he was a hybrid. Then, he tried to have sex with the doctor. Only for that to fail. On top of it all, his " sickness" is him going to a rut or heat.

All this time, I could've studied him for more information. How many people are monsters in my kingdom? Hell, what caused Tom to be one? Was he born one or turned into one?

S-Stop~!

Ahhhh~!

P-Please~! Stop teasing me!

Help me...

I felt a tingle when I heard those words in my head. I smiled at the way my pet was a mess in my bed. He had no clue who was making him like that. It was interesting to sort of engage in the near action of mating.

Was this going to be a normal thing for us? I usually have them stop putting a drop of his prescribed medication in his drink for a week by the orders of Dr. Mattews. He said that it was so that he wouldn't be immune to the liquid drug. Now, I know that it's a suppressant for his monster side.  The week was to regulate his cycle.

That cheeky doctor.

I walk into Tom's room to see him asleep. He looks so peaceful for a pet. I walk over and pet his head. He purs gently in his sleep while shifting.

It's sort of natural for me to pet him while he was asleep.

He never knew it but, I would subconsciously do it while he was out cold or when he's not looking. I don't know why but, it seems to calm us both down. The soft tuffs of naturally spiked hair move with my hand. The habitual purring I would hear and question. Then again, I kind of knew it was coming from him. Sometimes, I swear he would lean into it. 

He looked like the sandman punched him in the eyes several times. 

Then again, he wasn't a good sleeper either. Normally, when we were at the old place, he was usually in his room half the dang time. I  would come into his room to see him asleep. He would toss and turn sometimes. But, he would stop when I was near. I sometimes question what would be on his mind to make him toss and turn like that. If it's money, that wouldn't be a problem. He has the cash. Something I should lock before he uses for something destructive. 

I observe his features while I pet him. 

Soft chestnut hair that naturally spikes up. So soft that you want to tangle your fingers into while you're trying to find one of his many sweet spots. That one spot that made him submissive. That made him purr depending on how well you scratch it.