Chapter 9: Red Dwarf

Tord's POV

Everyday.

Every day I have to deal with Tom's bullshit. 

Well, that will change soon enough. 

I look over at Thomas while he eats breakfast. Ever since his little attempts at escaping, I've been keeping an eye on him more than normal. He doesn't look back as he reaches for his orange juice next to his bowl of cereal. I don't know why he wanted cereal when he eats more in his room. 

I make sure his meal plan is crafted to be as nutritious as possible. 

"Thomas?" He stiffens at my voice. Then, remains silent. 

"We're going to the office today. I need you to be on your best behavior and not attempt to rebel. If you do, I'll let you go outside more." I spoke calmly. He doesn't say anything. 

"I know you can hear me, Thomas. I want you to be on your best behavior or else I'm taking you to the lab." No sound. This is getting ridiculous. 

So, I just get up and leave him there to wallow in his own silence. I was already done with my breakfast. So, I went to the lab to work on the next project. 

Pulling out my research files, I put on my lab coat and sanitized myself for the project I'm working on. I grab the vials and glasses to set up the project so that I can get the chemicals for the serum I'm working on. 

What serum may you ask? 

Well, it was an experimental serum that was supposed to bring out Tom's monster side. One that's supposed to reverse the suppressant and pull out his monster appendages. One of the side effects that he could either shift completely, shift halfway and going into heat, just shift halfway, or do nothing during the process.

I'm curious about how his DNA. 

Nah, scratch that. 

I'm curious about him. 

I don't know why but, he's an enigma. Maybe a paradox. He shouldn't exist but, he does and everyone either avoids him or is attracted to him. 

Like me. 

Something about this man draws me to him. No matter what I do or how I try to stay away, I can't. He's practically danger to me and yet, I'm drawn to that danger. 

When I look up, I see that it's time to leave. So, I put up my serum while making sure I have everything. After I do so, I walk out of the lab and to the stairs where I see Tom coming down from his room. 

He wore a blue ombre mock turtleneck, blue pants, and a navy blue zip-up hoodie. His hair was neatly styled into a ponytail while he whipped out his glasses. I swear he could make anything look good. But, he was trying to hide my collar. 

I scowl while he hits the last step.

"So, are you going to give me a dirty look or are we going to leave?" I rolled my eyes at the Brit. 

"Come on, pet. I don't want to be late." I pushed Tom towards the garage where we took the black mustang.

The whole ride was quiet. If it wasn't for the low music, it would be awkward. I look over to see Tom asleep. His features change a little
He had long hair. His jawline looks a little bit slimmer. Even his skin was paler than normal.

When we got there, I took him to the coffee shop located below my office. He instantly perked up to the smell and smiled a little.

I missed that look.

I walked up to the counter to order a latte when Tom jumped over the counter to make his.

"Thomas!" I yell. But, he ignores me.