Heartbroken

Alright! As of Sep 1, 2021, all chapters have been edited

Alright, this is the day. What do I say? 'Hey Foster, ever since I've met you, I've been crushing on you. Actually wait- I'm in love with you.' That sounds terrible. This is Sophie Foster, she deserves the best. Does she want a cheesy line, or should I play it cool? But... what if she rejects me? She does like Fitz, so will she accept me? What do I do?

Keefe was pacing back and forth, panicking. He took a deep breath in an attempt to calm his nerves. It worked a little bit, but it was enough to clear his head.

You know what Foster does like? Honesty. I just have to tell her how I feel, nothing more, nothing less. Yeah, that sounds better.

He then made his way to Everglen, where a sleepover was to take place. 

"Hey Keefe!" Biana called out. "Took you long enough!"

"It's not my fault that I had to style the hair!" He replied.

She grinned. "Well, it's still terribly messy!" With that, she started running inside. 

"You did not just insult the hair!" He said, running after her.

It didn't take long for him to catch up, and then he tackled her. Everyone else was right nearby, laughing at the act. Everyone... except Tam. He seemed to be holding back a scowl. Keefe felt Biana freeze, and she pushed him off.

"Come on Bangs Boy," he teased.

"Lighten up a little bit! We all know that she's your girlfriend, no need to look so jealous."

Because really, Tam was outright scowling now. Everyone knew that he was close to the Vacker siblings, and that he was naturally affectionate. If this continued, it was going to end up being a problem.

But it seemed like Tam was thinking the same thing, as his face softened. "...sorry." it was barely a whisper, but he heard it.

"Hmm?" Keefe cupped his hand to his ear, smirking. "What was that?"

Irritation flashed through the raven's silver-blue eyes. "You heard what I said."

"What?" And just because he felt like it, he turned to Linh. "Did you hear him?"

The girl was giggling. "No, I heard nothing." Ignoring the offended look that her brother sent her, she continued. "Tam, may you please say that louder?"

"Sorry."

Everyone else made attempts to hide their laughter. Even Della walked in, an amused smile on her face.

"Dinner's ready."

He was kind of hungry, but he had a little bit of nausea from his nervousness. He needed a chance to conf-

"And there's mallowmelt."

Dinner was one thing, but mallowmelt was different. He rushed to the kitchen, eager to go get the dessert he knew would calm him down. He got there first, but Sophie was right behind him.

"You couldn't wait for the mallowmelt Foster?" He teased.

She laughed, her skin flushing slightly. "W- well I could say the same thing about you!"

He laughed along with her, before he realized that they were still alone. "Can I talk to you later?" He asked, his tone serious. 

"Sure! Fitz also wanted to do the same, so I'll talk to him first."

What would Fitz want?  

"This is important, please?" He begged.

"Is this about the Neverseen? Or the Black Swan?"