Ending The Record

Hah remember when I said updates come out sooner? Hah hah hah

Not really too relevant in this chapter I think, but I just wanted to state that this fanfic has started pre-flashback (dear stars that's a long time), so I won't be adding details from Flashback and after. I might take a few ideas just because, but other than that, no.

Keefe Sencen was bored. It'd been days since he'd pranked someone- not since before he started dating Dex. He was just itching to cause some trouble.

"Should I be worried?" Ro asked. "You've got your 'devious' look on right now."

Keefe shrugged, then schooled his face into one of indifference. He didn't even realize that he'd been smirking (which meant he was doing a horrible job). Ro raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, maybe. I might spare you this ti-"

"Think about messing with me again and I'll bring out the bacteria," she warned, her hand already in her pocket.

"Okay! I won't prank you!"

"Good. Because if that didn't work, I was gonna get your boyfriend."

"Dex loves me too much."

"I'm sure he does, but he wouldn't let you off that easily."

Instead of pouting or frowning like Ro would have expected from him, he grinned. "You weren't there when he used to sneak balding and facial hair elixirs into Stina's food."

"Stina... the curly-haired girl?"

"Ro, you know that hardly narrows it down, right? There's probably hundreds of girls who fit that description at Foxfire."

She huffed. "Brunette in Dex's grade."

His grin grew wider. "I knew you secretly knew everyone's names!"

When Ro first arrived as Keefe's bodyguard, she quickly learned the names of the main group. But when it came to learning the names of the other elves, she was always vague.

"Obviously I can actually remember names. It's part of the job. Also, he did that?"

"He's been in detention a decent amount of times. Not as much as me though."

"Has he?"

He shrugged. "It's not that surprising though? His dad's Kesler, the guy who owns an apothecary that pranks the nobles. He's the brother of the triplets, who probably encourage him all the time."

"True. So you're going through with a prank?"

He nodded. "At the very least, I'll be changing the flavour of the lockers."

"You mean Fitz and Tam's?"

"It's been a while since we pranked them. I'll teach them to not let their guard down. Maybe Stina too."

"I thought she did nothing?" Ro questioned.

"Yeah, I guess," he agreed. "But she was mean to Dex in the past, and insulted him for not having an ability."

"Didn't she manifest after Dex did? And isn't she also the child of a bad match? I don't see why she was mean about it."

"Her family isn't... the nicest," he said, trying very hard to not be mean. "I've met ruder elves, but they're rude."

"I think I can only name four nice Elvin families. Sophie's, Vacker's, your boyfriend's but also Tam and Linh's. They got unofficially adopted by Tiergan, right?"