Chapter 10: Niam Talk

>>Niall POV, 2 hours before the concert<<

I walked back and forth in my room. I was so nervous. Not about the concert. About Annikka. I don't know what to tell her. What would she say? What would I do? What if she likes someone else? Or worse, someone else in my band? Well, it couldn't get any worse than now, could it? Maybe, maybe not. Only one way to find out, I guess. A knock on my door interuppted my thoughts. "Who's there?" I called. "It's Liam." I heard him say. "Come in." I told him. The door opened and Liam came in. "What are you so worried about, mate?" he asked, sitting dow on the bed beside me. "Annikka. It's just, I don't know. Will she hate me? I can handle all the hate in the world, just not from this band, from my family, and not from Annikka. I can't take hate from people I love. Sure, I love the fans, and if the fans hate me it hurts, but I can take it. But Annikka.... I can't. I just can't. Does she love someone else? What if she likes another lad in our band? I wouldn't keep her from one of my best mates, just cause I love her. But I think of her all the time. Everywhere. Even when I'm asleep. I can't take it. It's killing me Liam, killing me." I sobbed, tears falling down my cheeks. Liam patted my back. "Come on, mate. You have to be stronger than that. There is only one way to see if she loves you or not. You have to tell her, and see what she thinks. Don't take her first answer if it's no. She's only reacting to the pain she's collected all these years. Think of it this way, every call you didn't make, every day she didn't see you, is an arrow to her heart. Telling her you're sorry takes an arrow out. And when you walked away the other day, that's a dagger  to her heart. It's not only you who's hurting, mate. Annikka's probably out there thinking of you. She's probably crying about you, dreaming about you, she probably loves you too. The things you told me you two did as children, I'm pretty sure she loves you. Giving her notes to a girl she hates for you? I'd say she was madly in love with you, if not still madly in love with you. Talk to her, give her some time. She'll probably hate you for a bit and be cross with you. Maybe a day or two, maybe a week, maybe a month, who knows? It may take the same amount of time to heal as the time it took to hurt her this much. Maybe more. After a while she'll calm down, and say she's forgiven you. But don't expect her to trust you right away. You broke her heart, Niall. I'll bet you she's an angel if she forgives you in less time than the years you ignored her. And if you waste her I'm taking her, mate. The way you described her, she's a princess. Better treat her like one. Or I will." He grinned at the last part. I actually wouldn't mind if Liam got Annikka instead of me. I don't deserve her. But it would hurt. But I guess I only deserve it, I hurt her for so long. "Now get ready, we have to go to soundcheck. Concert is in an hour and a half. Be out of your room in thirty minutes." He got up and left.