Chapter 13: The Talk

Niall POV

I smiled to all the fans as we waved bye. I still felt horrible, but for some reason I felt like everything was going to be okay. "Good job, mate." Liam smiled, patting me on the shoulder. I smiled. "Thanks, Liam." I replied. Zayn was stumbling down some steps, trying to get backstage, but he was distracted. Louis was on the phone with Eleanor. Harry was talking to some blonde girl. One of Annikka's friends, I think. Liam had walked over to the girl in the Jessie  dress, the one I had noticed earlier. He was laughing. I smiled. I was going to have to thank that girl. I haven't seen Liam this happy since he and Sophia..... well, broke up. There are rumours that they're together again, but it's not true. I studied Annikka's friends for a bit. One girl had wild blue hair, and she seemed pretty close to this brown haired, blue eyed guy. Another girl a brown hair, and olive-ish green eyes.  Then there was that blonde girl Harry was talking to, and a brown haired girl with highlights in her hair, and a really small sweet voice. She was the one talking to Liam. But where were Annikka and Skylar? Zayn was gone, too. Lily and Allyssa were nowhere in sight. I walked around for a bit, staring at the floor. What was I going to tell Annikka? That I ignored her so she wouldn't get fan hate? Tell her that management changed my number and I wasn't allowed to give it to her? Say I was too chicken to tell her I liked her? "Chickens are a food you eat, or maybe birds you take care of, Niall. They're not something you want to be."  I remember her telling me. I chuckled to myself a little. Just then, I heard Zayn laughing with a girl..... was that Skylar?  I opened the door. Yup. Skylar and Zayn were chatting..... or flirting, maybe? Lily, Allyssa, and Annikka were talking. None of them seemed to notice me until I talked. "Um, Annikka? Do you mind if I talk to you for a bit?" I said, staring at the floor. I didn't deserve her. "N-no, I wouldn't mind." she said, barely audible. She stood up. "Here?" she asked. I smiled a little. Same innocent Annikka. I shook my head. "I was thinking, maybe in the soundproofed room?" I half asked, my hand shaking slightly on the door knob. She nodded. Lily squeezed her hand, then pushed her a bit. I saw Lily whisper something, then I heard Annikka giggle. Oh, what I would give to hear her laugh, see her smile, and hold her hand again. I walked over to the soundproofed room and Annikka followed. We got inside, and sat down. "Hi, Niall." Annikka said, looking down and letting her hair cover her face like a fake curtain. She couldn't even bear to look at me. I hate myself. "Annikka, please look at me. I know you probably hate me, but please, let me explain." I said. She looked up slowly, and tears were falling down her cheeks. "What is there to explain, Niall?" she said quietly. "You kissed me, you left me, you forgot me. Plain and simple. What else is left to explain?" I cringed as she mentioned our kiss. "I don't even know why you kissed me." she added.I kissed you because I love you. I thought to myself. I still do. "Annikka, I'm sorry. I didn't call because I wasn't allowed to. When the management  had my number changed, I could only add family to my contacts. I tried calling you from a payphone but you didn't answer. They said I couldn't trust just a friend with my number, and that you might leak it. I told them you were practically my sister, but they still wouldn't let me." I told her in one breath. "What about talking to me in the mall, Niall? Why did you walk away? It hurts when it seems like your best friend doesn't want to have anything to do with you! I watched you in television, Niall! You never once  mentioned me!" she sobbed. "You mentioned David Bellman, Cassie Hunters, Mary Neilson, John Harris, Alexia Porter*, Ariella Rayne*, Jamie Scott*, Lacey Ross*, Candice Hollister, Mark Barrel, Daniel Foster, Christian Gale, Hannah Bradley, her brother Connor Bradley, - heck - even Beatrice Lordev!"  she added.I felt so guilty. "I didn't want you to recieve fan hate." I said quietly. It's sounds like a stupid excuse, I know. The main reason was, I mean is, that after I was practically banned from talking to her, I started avoiding her. I was so afraid she might hate me and never want to talk to me again. I tried forgetting, but stupid me. How can you forget the best friend you've known your entire life and a madly in love with? You can't. I'm such an idiot. "Fan hate?" she said angrily. "Seriously, Niall? I've recieved a lot of hate. You know that. We both did. You from Billy, me from Beatrice."  she said, stressing "Beatrice". I mentioned her, but as an old neighbourhood bully. Why is she so mad about me mentioning her? Oh, that's right. Because I mentioned the neighbourhood bully and I didn't mention my best friend. Stupid, stupid. I told myself. "That's crap, and you know it. Tell me the truth." she demanded. "I thought you would hate me, and never want to hear me again, so I tried not to mention you. " I said quietly. Her facial expression changed from a upset to hurt and surprised. "Niall," she whispered. "I could never hate you."

Annikka POV

What? I mean, once in a while I say I hate him, but it's only for ignoring me all this time. I love him so much and it hurt that he seemed to forget me. "Niall," told him, tears streaming down my face. "I could never hate you." he started crying as well. "Niall, you're my best friend. You're so important to me. I can't hate you. Ever. And even if I did, it wouldn't be for long. I wouldn't be able to stand hating you for such a long time." I said. "I don't hate you." I told him. "But I can't say I'm not mad. I can't say I'm not very upset." I said. I smiled. "Annikka, I'm so sorry. I was stupid to do that. I didn't mean to hurt you. I missed you so much." he told me, taking my hand. "I love you, Annikka. You're my-" I heard him pause. "-my sister." he finished. My heart fell. I am now officially sister-zoned. He doesn't love me. Not the way I love him. "I loved you too, Niall." I whispered. I threw my arms around him and hugged him tight to hide my pained face. He hugged me back. "Annikka, I need to tell you something else." he said. I felt my heart go faster. Maybe he loves me. Maybe he's going to tell me he loves me. "Yes, Niall?" I asked.

Niall POV

"I love you, Annikka." I told her. "You're my-" I was about to tell her she was my love. "-my sister." I finished. I saw the look in her eyes change. "I love you too, Niall." she said as she hugged me. I don't understand. I think she was either sad or surprised I told her she was my sister. But why would she be sad? Why would she be surprised?I'll have to ask Lily. I thought as I hugged her back. I have to tell her I love her. I've had the biggest crush on her for years. I have to tell her. Now. "Annikka, I need to tell you something else." I told her. "Yes, Niall?" she asked me. I felt nervous, I started sweating. I'll ask her to go get dinner with me. "I, um, would you like to go to...um... the beach with me and the lads?" I said, chickening out again. At least we would always have dinner together then. She would be with us for at least two weeks. She pulled back. "Um, how long, and can my friends come too?" she asked, smiling wide. There it is. The smile I've missed for so long. "We're going to a beach resort in the Philippines, it's very small and private. It's not their most famous beach, but I've seen pictures and it looks pretty." I said, smiling. "Well, what's their most famous beach?" she asked. "It's called Boracay. It's a white sand beach. It's really popular, but there a lot of people, and the lads and I just want to relax, it doesn't have to be too big and fancy and famous, so we found this nice little resort instead. It's on Montemar beach. And anyways Boracay was already fully booked everywhere." I told her. She smiled. "Montemar sounds nice, Niall. But I'l have to ask my friends first." she told me. "Of course." I said. "Oh, how long are we staying, and when are we going?" she asked. "Uh, two weeks or so, and in a week." I replied. "Alright." she said, giving me a quick hug. "I'll go talk to my friends."