Chapter 18: Catching Up

Annikka POV

After our popcorn fight, my living room was a mess. I didn't mind, though. It brought messy memories of me and Niall back in Ireland. Beck and Kelly were already sleeping in the guest room. "Skylar, would you like to come to the hotel with me? I won't be sleeping any time soon, and we can watch more movies." Zayn offered, his eyes hopeful. "Well, I'd really love to but I- I have to help clean up here." she sighed. "It's okay, Skye. You can go with Zayn. Sarah and I will take care of the mess." I told her. She gave me a thankful look and left with Zayn. Harry, Louis, Allysa, Lily, and Jessica did the same, after politely excusing themselves. That left Liam, Anna, and Niall, who insisted on helping me and Sarah clean up. It took us a few hours. When we finished, I made some cold lemonade to relax everyone. Sarah excused herself to go to bed. Soon Liam and Anna left, too. Niall and I sat akwardly on the couch, tension between us. "So," Niall started, breaking the silence. "How have you been? What have you been doing?" He asked, sipping his lemonade. "I've been fine, actually. I mean, if being heart broken and missing your best friend everyday is fine." I told him, avoiding his gaze. "I'm sorry Annikka. I'll make it up to you, somehow." He said quietly, sadness and guilt in his eyes. Silence. I sighed. "Do you have a job?" He asked. "No, actually. I was recently fired from my job as a florist when I tore some bouquets." I stated, giggling as I remembered. He laughed. "Why?" I lost my smile. "I was arranging some blue roses-" I started. "Your favorite," he said quietly and looked down. "When you came on the telly there and... I, I just lost it, I guess." I continued. "Where do you get money for everything, then?" He asked. "Sarah had some emergency money saved in case one of us lost our job." I replied. "Where does Sarah work?" he asked. " At a hospital, she's a nurse." I said. He nodded. "How have you been?" I asked him. "Good, actually. It's a lot of fun being on tour with the lads and all." He said. "I heard you dated Barbara Palvin," I said quietly. "It was a publicity stunt." He told me. "Management made us do it." He said reassuringly. I relaxed. "Have you been with anyone..." He trailed off. "No, Niall. I haven't gone out with anyone. I'm... waiting for someone special." I said with a smile. That person is you, Niall. For a moment he looked very happy and hopeful, and then he looked worried. I wondered what he was thinking of.

Niall POV

Someone special... someone special. It makes me feel good to know she hasn't dated anyone but that doesn't mean she loves me. Does it? I don't think so. We went on talking about old memories and laughing over things we did.

It was my 8th birthday.

Costume party, of course.

We invited only a few people besides Annikka's family and my cousins' family.

David Bellman, Cassie Hunters, Candice Hollister,

Mark Barrel, Daniel Foster, Christian Gale, and Connor Bradley.

Daniel and Connor were my two best friends.

Annikka baked my cake with help from Aunt Rachel, Lily and Allyssa's mum.

We played hide-and-seek and watched magic tricks.

Cassie was dressed up as a sugar fairy,

she gave me a basket of chocolates and cookies.

Mark dressed up as a fireman,

he gave me a pair of red boots.

David dressed up as a tiger,

he gave me paints and paper.

Christian dressed up as a dinosaur,