Chapter 10

The elevator stopped, showing you chrome silver walls and floors, telling you that you arrived where you wanted them to go. Your footsteps began to echo along with theirs as you entered the chilling atmosphere, this particular room being the one you disfavored the most.

You led the way, leaving Chris and Sheva pacing behind you, seeing the magnificently large cylinder-sized room, decorated with rows upon rows of pill shaped capsules, most containing a bright orange light illuminating a shadow of a body inside.

In the center was a large circular platform with large control panels, large monitors stood above the keyboards, currently off at the moment. Two catwalks connected towards the center platform, equipped with rails for the deadly fall down below. You turned around once you reached the keyboard, watching Chris and Sheva's reactions as they took in the cold and sinister surroundings. In your mind, each pod in this room could possibly fit every single person in Africa, but your thinking was rather 'out there.'

"What the hell?" Chris was the first one to talk, quickly realizing the shadows of people inside the capsules all around him. He was at a true loss, questioning why and how this was possible, but mostly why?
"This was in the pictures too," Sheva referred to the data files they looked at a long while back, not believing she was standing in the same room this very second.

"Wait, that means Jill might be here!"
Chris's voice echoed in your ears, your body overcoming with a sense of dread, yet you remained quiet, hoping to wait a little longer to see Chris find out the truth. You knew what he was going to find here, it was going to devastate him.
A loud siren broke off all further conversation, forcing all your attention to the siren echoing throughout the facility. A bright light flashed from a capsule, the entire structure pushed out of its slot. There was a hissing sound, followed by the doors unfolding, large amounts of oxygenated water flooding out, revealing the body of a grey skinned man, shriveled from the moisture, looking frail from the long time of death. The head restraint bar pulled back, the upper body falling forward. As soon as the lower restraint bars unlocked and moved away, the entire body caved in an dropped, disappearing into the abyss below.

"What have they done...?" Sheva sounded full of sorrow, unable to process what she just witnessed happen before her eyes. You however, have seen it happen thousands of times before, yet it was never easy to watch. "(Y/N)," Chris looked at you, pointing towards the computer. "How do you operate that?"

His voice sort of worried you, the scene made him more anxious and terrified of Jill's safety, making him wonder more if she was alive or not. His patience was wearing thin, making him desperate for answers.
You slowly turned towards the keyboard, pressing a button which lit up the screen, showing the logo of Tricell coming apart and pulled together, presenting the logo name with a slight shine.

"It's easy," you heard his footsteps run towards you, his hands landing on the edge of the control panel's surface. You pulled up the list of names of the people inside the capsules, "You just type in the name and..." Chris's hand found yours, making you look down and freeze in question.
He gently gestured you away from the keyboard, letting him take over with more frantic typing. You and Sheva watched over his shoulders with worried faces, seeing how desperate and terrified this man was to locate her living partner.

Search: Jill Valentine.

Oh Chris...

Various pictures popped up, followed by a graph of basic info on her. A picture of her inside her capsule displayed the largest, the same one Chris saw in the data file yesturday. "Jill!" Chris gasped, her face bringing a slight relief to his chest, but he still wanted to find out if she was alive.