𝓉𝑜𝓎

"you are the only one for me and to you I am one of many"

                                         -Namjoon frowned as his call was declined for the thousandth time; or so it felt

                                         -
Namjoon frowned as his call was declined for the thousandth time; or so it felt. Jimin must have still been mad over their argument. Something trivial and small, had led to Jimin being angry and demanding that the older male leave. He wasn't even sure why he'd agreed, considering the apartment was between the two of them.

-

"I love you"

"Me too."

"Why don't you ever say; I love you too."

"Don't make nothing, something, joon."

-

It was weird to hear that Jimin felt as if Namjoon's doubt was nothing. They had been living together for two years, and dating for even longer. Never once had the younger male said that he loved him; which should have been the biggest hint for the taller male. He was in love, though, and every sweet nothing that was whispered into his ear; felt as good as hearing those three words. So he let it pass. He let his friends shake their heads as they watched Namjoon stumble over every emotional rollercoaster that Jimin provided.

It was weird, but at least it gave Namjoon a better understanding of the scene in front of him; where Jimin whispered those sweet nothings into a woman's ear, in their bed. Their bed that they had slept in, not even six hours ago. Where Namjoon had last said that he loved Jimin, and he had received the same answer that he's gotten for the past three years.

There's a pause in her noises, and Namjoon realizes that he's been spotted. And the woman looks more confused than anything, nudging Jimin off of herself, and tangling the sheets over her body to hide everything that he's already seen. Still, his eyes are frozen on Jimin, who scrambled to turn around and tug the sheets over himself.

"Hyung."

"Baby, who is this?" The woman asks, glancing between the two of them. "I thought you said that your roommate was gone for the weekend?"

A roommate. Namjoon had been nothing more than a roommate to Jimin; who had loved him like no other. He wants to know how long this has been going on, but he can't bring himself to ask. It's been three years of unrequited love, and how many of those were spent with Jimin longing for someone else?

He doesn't recognize that he's crying, until the woman whispers to Jimin that she'll text him, already pulling on her clothes. Namjoon wants to be mad at her. But then he looks at the way she had dressed to show up. It would hurt less, if the outfit was skimpy and short. It isn't. She'd worn nothing but sweatpants, and a hoodie that he can recognize as the one that he'd bought Jimin two months ago.

-

Namjoon doesn't yell or cry, or even beg Jimin to stay. He just watches as the younger man fumbles around the room to get dressed. In fact, he stands up to get a suitcase. But he doesn't throw his own clothes into it — no, he had done nothing to deserve this — so he packs Jimin's clothes into it. He doesn't even throw everything in messily, like he wants to. No, he sits there and folds it.

Jimin should be crying, begging for him to stop. But he's wordless as he watches the man fold everything nicely — as if he still cares about Jimin's appearance, and the way that his stuff is done. Like he had, when Jimin first moved in, and wore wrinkled clothes because he was too lazy to fold everything.

Namjoon walks him to the door, and he doesn't make any noise as the younger male slips his shoes on. It feels different, to see Jimin leaving like this. He's used to the words that are sitting on his tongue, slipping off and kissing Jimin until he's a few minutes late for work. The bag that he's handing him, is usually one filled with snacks — because Namjoon cannot cook — but instead, it's filled with clothes that they'd shopped together for.

"Hyung."

"..." he closes the door.

-

That had been six months ago, and Jimin still cannot cry. It is in the moments, before he's going to work or sleep, when there's nobody to greet him; that he longs for the others presence. He's back in his mother's home again, and even then, they don't speak. She had been so fond of Namjoon, and made sure that Jimin knew it every time they called. She'd tell him to cherish the other. Nowadays, she speaks nothing of the older male. He doesn't miss the way that she stares after him with a frown, when he leaves the house in wrinkled clothes.

He doesn't expect to see Namjoon anymore. There are no places that they'd shared together, that he wants to revisit. Each burns a memory into his mind, and he'd prefer it his skin, because then it could be avoided. But instead he thinks of each place that Namjoon had loved him. Past-tense feels strange to him. Namjoon had loved him until the moment at the door, where they'd said nothing, and shared breathes no longer more.

So Jimin is surprised when his feet carry him somewhere familiar. Before he knows it, he's standing in front of the apartment that they once called their own. There Namjoon is; as beautiful as ever. He's tanned, as a mark of the beginning summer sun, and his hair is a different color again. Silver this time; brushed off of his forehead in a mess. He looks good.

As does the man where their hands are intertwined. He's smiling brightly at whatever Namjoon's saying, and there's a moment where he leans in to kiss Namjoon's forehead. It reminds him of every time that Jimin has slapped the taller males chest for kissing his forehead; claiming that the sentiment was gross. His hand comes up to touch his forehead, as the other man leaves, glowing like the sun that had kissed Namjoon's skin.

It's in that moment that their eyes meet.

"Hyung."

-

LMAO I ALWAYS GET EMO WHEN IM ALONE FOR TOO MANY HOURS (,: anyway, in my personal I mentioned that everyone makes joon out to be the cheater in minjoon, and I wanted a characterization reverse bc I feel like joon is too sentimental and sweet.

This is based off of 'toy' by block b; I suggest that you listen after reading because I love that song.