hidden part ii [kinda everyone]

t.w. mention of suicide, curses and self harm

not edited

virgil awoke suddenly when he heard a door open. he looked around, confused. the main doors weren't opened or closed that only left one room. virgil's eyes widened as he hoped up and raced towards the room.

he skidded to a stop as he saw the door closed. virgil's mind was flooded with terrible ideas as he opened the door. he saw no one in there and thought of all the bad possibilities. "virgil?"

virgil turned around and saw roman crying. he ran over to the fanciful trait and hugged him. "holy shit, i thought you.."

roman shook his head as he hugged virgil back. "i don't have the courage to. i'm so pathetic." roman pulled away and started to cry in his hands.

"no, no you're not pathetic at all. you're so strong and amazing.." at this point they both were crying. "come on, let's go to your room and calm down, yeah?"

roman nodded and they headed to his messy room. virgil held back a gasp as he saw the mess. virgil felt terrible for not talking to roman sooner.

as soon as roman sat on the bed, exhaustion washed over him and he decided to lay down, trying to get some sleep.

virgil held in tears as roman slowly fell asleep. he should have known, but he was so thankful that he found roman before it was too late.

though it would be the best option, virgil didn't want to tell patton or logan. maybe he could just say that patton nor logan ever seemed to care and it might effect roman negatively to hint at it, but he had no idea if he would be able to tell them the truth.

virgil made his way back to the memory library to see if roman left behind any note. as soon as he walked in, he noticed a note on the floor where he was sleeping.

when you wake up, if i'm gone check the fridge. -r

virgil frowned and went into the kitchen, looking at the fridge.

nothing seemed out of place, many cool magnets and just some folded pieces of paper. he looked through them until he saw it.

virgil covered his mouth as he red the letter. how could have no one noticed sooner? virgil wondered how long this went on so he went back to the memory library to get roman's boom. was this why roman took the book away?

__________

light shined through the window onto roman. he groaned and sat up. how the hell... he thought, scratching his head waiting for memory of last night to come back.

as soon as it did, roman shot up to go find virgil and ask if he remembered anything. he crept into the kitchen, hoping virgil didn't get the note. as he rummaged through the papers he heard someone ask, "what are you doing, roman?"

he quickly turned around. "nothing." he answered to logan. "nothing important. um you wouldn't know  where virgil is by chance?"

"oh! did you write him a love note?" patton asked, dragging out love. roman chuckled and shook his head. "aw, well he said he didn't want to be bothered at all today. but he did ask us to ask you to go with thomas to get some stuff for him."

roman tilted his head, "what do you mean?"

"he asked us to ask you to go to the store with thomas and pick up a few things for him, here is the money." logan handed him the money. "he asked for new eyeshadow from sephora, uh thw just peachy pallet.. and uh he also asked if you could get him the new five seconds of summer album, youngblood, and finally a new coraline shirt from hot topic."

"and he cant get this himself, why?"

"we're not sure, he won't tell us. but text me if you forget anything." and with that, roman went on a shopping trip with thomas.
_______

when roman finally came back he was exhausted again. thomas dragged him to every single store, only getting what virgil needed last. they also went out eat at a random restaurant.

he set off to find virgil to give him the three things he requested but couldn't find him anywhere. "whatever." he muttered, "i'll give it to him in the morning."

he walked into his room and turnex on the lights. there sat, on his shoe trunk, was virgil. "surprise!" virgil said softly. roman looked around and his usual messy room was completely cleaned and organized. "d-do you like it?"

"i- thanks so much.. but why?"

"i figured it would be nice to clean your room after last night.. i thought one step to recovery was helping you out." roman flinched when last night was mentioned. "i'm so sorry for not saying anything earlier, but i didn't want to bother you..

"and i also didn't tell anyone, just incase you didn't want them to know.. although it might be a good idea to tell them eventually.."

roman hugged virgil tightly, holding back tears. "thank you so much."

oof he was supposed to be dead but i didn't want it to go down like that.. and youngblood is frickin awesome check it out!!

also, please stay safe. if you ever need anyone to talk to, dont be afraid to talk to someone. remember, you matter!!

another oneshot should be coming out later tonight

857 words