you are my sunshine [logicality]

"you are my sunshine," logan sang, brushing back patton's bangs. "my only sunshine." patton tried to get up but logan told him to stay laying down.  patton nuzzled into logan's chest as his boyfriend's grip tightened aroud him. "you make me happy," 

the sound of crackling fire played in the background. this moment felt surreal like nothing else in the world existed at this moment, like this moment didn't even exist either. but this moment was very real, so was the world around them. the two felt a chilling breeze go past them but didn't move, too scared that the world would come back to them. 

logan gripped patton's wrist when he went to move it. "when skies are grey" patton tried to resist the force of logan's grip, he quickly apologized to logan as his hands wrapped around the cool handle of the knife sticking out of his stomach and pulled it out. logan had no idea what patton did until he felt a warm liquid pool around him. he gasped and got up, taking his shirt off and pressing it to the now rapidly bleeding wound. 

the fire crackled louder this time, the heat finally getting to the two. logan took his hand off the wound for a second to wipe the sweat off his forehead and them quickly put it back, encouraging patton to stay awake just a while longer. 

logan heard sirens in the distance and gasped of joy, patton would survive! we swore that he would find the man who did this hate crime to them and hurt him worse than he did to them. 

it was barley two minutes later and the ambulance was finally here. the medics took over, noticing how dire the situation was and rushed even more, forgetting to ask logan if he would want to ride in the ambulance with his husband. he took a deep breath in and began walking to the hospital. call him crazy, but that's what love does to you.

it was freezing out, he suddenly missed the heat of his burning house. if it wasn't for the fact he had a million and a half things going through his mind, he might have actually cared that he didn't have a shirt on while walking in public. 

he had to stop at a local general store, and excuse the no shirt, explaining what happened and bought one of the cheap shirts there. he threw it on and continued to walk to the hospital. it was an hour later when he finally arrived there. "hello, can you please tell me what room patton sanders is in?" 

"of course." the nurse smiled, "your relation to him?" she asked, looking through the files.

"his husband.." he said, scratching the back of his neck. she smiled sadly at him, telling him to room. "thank you so much." he said and ran down the hallway to the elevators. he pressed the button and the door immediately opened. after pressing number five, he dried his sweaty palms on his dirty jeans. 

the doors opened and he stepped out, rushing to find the room number. doctors were in there, talking to patton it seemed, so he walked in. everyone turned to him, patton smiling brightly. 

the doctors left them for some time to themselves. patton reached over to hug logan. logan hugged him back and the two talked to each other.

as time went by, patton felt very weak but said nothing, not wanting to be a bother. logan noticed it, and asked about it. patton said not to worry and told logan to take a small nap. logan tried to protest but patton gave him the 'i'm not kidding, do as i say' look and he did, assuming that patton would also sleep. 

he woke up to beeping, but louder than before. he realized that patton's heart rate was going down, he barley had a heart rate. he called for a doctor and stayed right by his side. "you'll never know dear, how much i love you." 

nurses pulled logan out of the way as the heart rate line began to go flat. logan heard from inside the room, "time of death, march twenty-first, two thousand and eighteen, at 2:46 a.m."

right before he broke down crying he choked out, "please don't take my sunshine away."