Chapter 1

It was a scorching June morning. The car had just pulled up to the camp, though they could see nothing but trees and nature. Calum exited the car first. He leaned against the car and stretched his back. "Whose idea was it to land in Georgia and drive the rest of the way?" He asked, wincing as he cracked his back.

"That would be Mr. Irwin. He thought forcing us to drive through hours and hours of cornfields was educational." Luke rolled his eyes as he exited the car and opened the trunk.

"This is a part of America we don't get to see often. We need to take in more of this part of the country." Ashton said as he helped Luke pull all their bags from the trunk.

"If I wanted to see cornfields, I'd move to Iowa." Michael rolled his eyes and closed the car door behind him. "Are we even in the right place?" He asked, looking around.

"Yes, Mike. Are you looking for a sign that says 'Camp Rock' or something?" Ashton joked, closing the trunk.

"I'm just saying, I don't see a sign at all here." Michael sighed and grabbed his bags.

"There was a sign on the driveway in that said 'Camp Talladega.'" Calum said and grabbed his bags, as well.

"Stupid name for a camp, if you ask me." Michael huffed.

"I'll tell my great great great grandfather that you don't like it." A man said, driving up to them in a golf cart. "I'm Carter Hanson, camp director."

"Your camp is lovely, Michael's just tired." Ashton laughed a little and shook Carter's hand. "It's great to be here."

"We're very excited to have you all here. We almost didn't get enough counselors for this summer, but Jack Barakat suggested I call your manager." Carter smiled. "Hop in and I'll explain what you'll need to do to get settled." The boys all took their seats with their bags and Carter started driving. "So, there will be two counselors per cabin. I'll take you to your cabins now, so you can get unpacked. Once you're unpacked, all the counselors will be meeting in the lodge for the big introduction to camp. You'll find the lodge just down the path from your cabins." Carter said as he pulled up in front of a few cabins.

"These look pretty updated for such an old camp." Calum mentioned, looking at the cabins.

"Yes, each cabin has its own bathroom and kitchenette. Those got added about 5 years ago." Carter explained. "Luke, you'll be in Starlight. Michael, you're in Cloud 9. Ashton and Calum, you're both in Rocketeer."

"Who are we with?" Michael asked, looking from Luke to Carter.

"Yeah, why aren't Mike and I together?" Luke pouted.

"Luke, you're with Jack. He requested he be with you." Carter chuckled. "Michael, you're with Alex."

"Okay, I can deal with that." Michael smiled.

"Alright, take about an hour to unpack and then come to the lodge." Carter said and waved as he drove off.

"I'm a little more excited to be here now that I'm seeing these cabins." Calum said, walking to his and Ashton's cabin.

"We get to spend a whole summer with some of our friends and with kids." Ashton smiled. "This is gonna be the best summer ever."

"Ashton, have you met children? They're awful." Michael groaned.

"These kids won't be. They'll all look up to us, because we're rockstars." Ashton chuckled and followed Calum into their cabin. Michael shook his head and walked to his cabin, going inside. He chose a bunk and made his bed before unpacking his clothes into the small dresser. He didn't think he'd really take an hour unpacking, but he brought a lot more clothes than he really needed.