Chapter 4

The first week of camp had come and gone. Everyone had their routines down and everyone had started to branch out. When lunchtime came, no one sat with their own counselors anymore. They had all made their own friends and were now sitting with them. Michael walked to the back table where Aspen was sitting with Alex and Jack. He took a seat next to her and poured himself some juice. "It's kinda sad that they don't want to sit with us anymore." Michael said.

"It happens every time. They all make friends and forget about us, their real friends." Alex said,wiping a fake tear from his eye.

"Don't be dramatic. You know what to expect from them. Plus, you kept complaining about that one kid from your cabin." Aspen rolled her eyes.

"Gavin?" Michael asked, looking at Alex.

"Yes, that kid makes me want to tear my fucking hair out." Alex groaned. "He just does not shut up."

"You always get kids like that." Aspen said and poured herself another glass of juice. "Especially this age group, they're all hyper."

"This age group is my favorite." Audrey said as she sat down next to Michael. "They're so enthusiastic and they love to talk about music."

"Could it be? The devil herself? At our table?" Aspen whispered to Alex and Jack, who then giggled like school-girls.

"So, Michael, are you excited to work together for the rest of the week?" Audrey asked and Aspen's head snapped in her direction. "Carter says I'm switching groups with Aspen, so we'll be leading together now."

"Uh, Aspen, you're spilling your juice.." Jack said, watching Aspen crumple her cup with juice still inside.

"Why are you guys switching?" Michael asked, frowning slightly. He didn't want to work with someone else, he really enjoyed Aspen's company and he liked getting a chance to talk to her.

"Carter just thought it'd be better for the kids if you and I were partnered, instead of you and Aspen." Audrey smiled and poured herself some juice.

"Sure, it was all Carter's idea." Aspen mumbled, rolling her eyes. "What a fantastic day."

After lunch, the kids separated back into their activities. Michael began leading his group toward craft when Audrey came up beside him to walk. "Shouldn't you stay in the back to make sure all the kids are coming?" Michael asked her.

"No, I trust them." She shrugged. "I'm just so excited we're partners now."

"Yeah, how fun." Michael said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Mikey, where's Aspen?" Adam asked.

"She has to lead a different group now, so I'm here. You probably already know who I am, because I'm famous." Audrey giggled.

"I've never seen you before in my life." Adam said, crossing his arms. "I want Aspen back, she's real pretty."

"Well, I'm pretty, too. So, we'll have a great time." Audrey said, smiling brightly at him.

"Who are you? I don't want you here." Adam glared at her.

"I'm Audrey Jenkins. I'm a famous popstar."

"Never heard of you before in my life." Adam said and walked faster to get away from her.

"I'm not sure they're going to like this. They all really bonded with Aspen." Michael said and walked into the building for craft.

"They'll learn to love me, everyone does." Audrey smiled and walked into the room. She waited until Michael had chosen a spot before she sat next to him. Calum and Aspen walked in with their kids, and Michael's group was suddenly much happier.