Guilt

"The message was sent about two hours ago. The group had a meeting for one hour then they left in an odd manner. Each member left at an interval of five minutes. Then the whole camp was burned. Our informer couldn't move the drone closer but somehow he got an image of a man", Agent Suller reported. 

"Get the image to the analyst. And get me Raj. I need some accessories and maybe weapons."I ordered sternly with my arms crossed over my chest. Suller saluted and rushed out quickly. Suller is American but he works for us. Sort of complement from USA Special Service. I was checking out the footage from the drones when unexpectedly I got a call from my mother. 

"Hey, what happened? I am at work"
"Come home fast! Anaya is not well"
 "Okay, hold on. I am coming" I hung up the phone and ran to the garage. Starting up my car, I drove to my house, very near to the headquarters. 
When I entered my little girl's room,  she had a temperature of about 101'C.  I knew I won't be able to go to the headquarters anytime soon. So I stayed behind. Mother cooked a light broth while I read her a story. 
Just when she nodded off, our doorbell rang. I went down the stairs and opened the door to find Raj standing there with two black suitcases.

~~~~~

"So, did you bring everything I asked for? ", I asked him,  while putting down two cups of coffee onto the table.  One for him,  another for me. 

"Of course I did", Raj answered sarcastically. He then unlocked the suitcases.

"One Glock 19, an MK14, Barrett M82, their respective ammo, magazines, bullets, and an AR500 Armour Sentry, two earpieces, a transmitter in case you are in danger,  two tranquilizers in case you become crazy due to the extremely hot weather there and no one can handle you! ", Raj laughed out.  I giggled. His sense of humor is always on.

 I was amazed by the high tech weapons and began to inspect them. 

"Best for the best"Raj said while staring at me. I looked up at him and saw a bit of worry in his face structure. 
So I put down the sniper rifle and asked him, "What's wrong? ".

Raj seemed to hesitate first, but then he just sighed. 

"You know, I wish I could save Amit and others. I miss them so much. They were more like brothers than partners. If only.....just only I could come faster. " His words struck me. Me and Raj never talked about it randomly. It was a nightmare for both of us. So it shocked me to hear him speak about it. 
I placed my hand on his shoulder and said, "Its not your fault. We did our best. I know, I do feel like you often. Guilt, anger, feel like its all my fault. But if Amit were here,  he wouldn't want you or me to feel like this. Giving up and all. He would have wanted us to find that bloody leader!  To uncover the whole organization and destroy it to hell!"

Raj looked at me."Okay.  Then I will do anything you need me to. You are not in this fight alone".

 I smiled and shook my head. 

"Okay then.  Now tell me, when is my flight? And who is my contact there? "