Executed, Rescued but Defeated (PART 1)

Back to the hotel room, 10:30pm

Rick decided to bunk with Malik. Surprisingly I found out that Malik's room and mine had a joint door, in case needed. 

I changed back into a night dress and pour some champagne into a glass. I took a sip and started arranging my equipment. My guns were already loaded, so I had nothing else to do except to wait for the big day tomorrow. 

I couldn't tell them. Only one person knew and that's Raj. I didn't want anyone to be in danger. Especially that kid. 

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the joint door. I set aside my glass onto the balcony table and went to open it.
There, stood Malik in a white tank top and a pair of boxers. 

"Something wrong? ", I asked curiously. 

"No. But I need to talk to you. About this mission" he looked straight into my eyes and had a serious face. I nodded and let him in.
I pour some champagne into a glass and handed to him. 

"Okay, so what's up? Why are you so tense? Is this because of tomorrow? " I asked him while sitting down on my bed. 

Malik looked deep in my eyes. There was something different. More like worry. 

"You don't have to do this. We could call backup. Why are we not calling any backup or maybe get help from the police here?" 

"Because he has connections with the Iraq government. Even if we do call the backup, the government will say that Indian government is now interfering in their matters. I can't do thing worse. If I think we can pull this off, then we CAN pull this off. If you are not sure, you can step out from this mission. I'll understand." I spoke clearly and gulped some champagne from my glass. 

"No! There is no way I am letting you do this alone. I know we don't know each other well. But my dad made me your contact. Which makes me your half partner. I won't back out." he spoke aloud.
"Okay"

We didn't speak another word to each other. We kept staring at the scenery out on the balcony. While occasionally he would look at me.

-------------------

An hour before the beginning of the party.

Rick already started his work to bypass the fence system. I put on my armor sentry on, and tucked in my hand knife. I put on my holster and a earpiece. 

"Checking" I hold the earpiece and checked. 

"Good" Malik answered while checking too. Rick got out from the hotel a minute early. We arranged his working place at a small café shop near the mansion. So that he could have the network efficiently.

Malik's POV

There was something different about Ria. She was unlike any female agents I worked with. But even if she pretends to be tough, I know somewhere she is broke, inside. It's so weird that I have known her for so long, yet we never spoke or worked with each other. As if we were invisible to each other. 
They were right, SHE is beautiful. 

Eyes are like the night sky with stars, hair as if they were golden mesh, lips are like-

"Um hello, are you on earth or somewhere else?" Ria broke my thoughts and stared at me with her eyebrow raised.