"Men of God"

Malik's pov

It is impossible. How can he be alive?Is it a mistake?
As soon as Rick told, Ria dropped her hand off his shoulder. She was speechless, expressionless. She didn't speak a word and somehow went to the window and put her palm on the glass. 

 I could see tears dropping from her eyes, even though she was hiding it. Rick lowered his head and went outside the room. The rest of the people were too busy to listen to what Rick told. The whole room was crowded but for us three, everything seemed to be quiet in a second. I regained myself and went behind her. She was still looking outside.

Ria's POV

It's been 5 years. 5 years of mourning, crying, trying to pretend to be tough, distracting myself through works, trying to find his body, trying to hide the truth from my daughter. And all of a sudden, I found out that my husband is alive? How could this happen? How could he be alive? Even if he was alive, why didn't he come to me? To our daughter? Is he a traitor? What is he doing with him? 
So many questions were running through my mind. I couldn't think straight. 
Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked around and saw that the room was almost empty, just a few officers. I turned around to find Shahid looking at me, worryingly and sympathy in his eyes. His eyes then looked slightly down from my eyes to my cheek and wiped the tears which I didn't know was there until now. 

"Come on let's head back to the hotel," he said in a soft tone.

I shook my head as a no and said, "No. I need to find him. I need to learn how is he alive and why he is with that man?" 

"No! We are heading back to the hotel, and I won't hear a word. Today was enough. And besides, you can't do anything right now. You are not okay and right now, all you need is some rest. Please. Don't argue." 

"Shahid...." before I could say anything, he put a finger on my lips to shut me. 

"Ria, please."Shahid pleaded to me. 

I sighed and realized that he was right. I nodded my head and he smiled weakly. He then ordered an agent to bring the car around. We went down and got into the car. Rest of the way we didn't speak a word to each other. I kept my eyes on the window. We were almost near the hotel when he got a call. It was Rick.

Malik's POV
We got into the car to head back to the hotel we were staying in. Ria was quiet. She didn't speak a word nor did I. Her only movement was fidgeting. What could I say? She was in shock. She found out that her husband whom we all presumed to be dead was found to be alive. And also with a terrorist. It was a lot to take in. I don't know why I care for her. Honestly, I think I am falling for her. I just don't know if I should say it to her. 
I think I should...

My phone rang and interrupted my thoughts. I pulled it out and saw that it was Rick. 

"What is it, Rick?" I asked him in a tired voice. 

"Get out of the car!!!!Now!!!!" Rick shouted so loud through the phone that Ria heard him right away. I put it on the speaker immediately. 

"What are you saying? What's wrong?"Ria asked worriedly. 

"It's no time for discussion. Just do it. There's a bomb under your car. Just get out! " 
Ria looked at me panicking. I was about to tell the driver when she stopped me.