Home

My head pounds.

I hear muffled voices.

From what I can make out, I realize that I am in a hospital bed.

The first thing I think is:

"Is my baby okay?"

I immediately call the doctor, to which someone grabs my hand.

My vision clears, and I turn to see a tear-stained face.

Yoongi.

I'm so glad to see you.

"What's wrong? You're finally awake! Are you okay?" He asks.

"I'm okay, but is the baby okay?" I ask, frantically looking around and screaming for the doctor, who rushes in.

Yoongi grabs my hands.

"Our baby girl is fine," he says in a calm tone, "Everything is okay."

I feel the biggest smile form on my face as I realize that my daughter is okay.

"What happened?" I ask, trying to sit up.

I must have looked so pathetic because Yoongi had to seriously help me get up.

"Well," he says, sitting on the bed, "you got a call from..him. I think it was too much for you because you passed out!"

I suddenly remembered.

"Oh..yeah. And, I may or may not have skipped a meal or two that day.." I confessed.

"Remi! Oh my gosh, do you realize how bad that is!" Yoongi yells at me.

I immediately started crying because it scared me.

He never yelled at me.

My heart rate monitor was beeping faster and faster.

He starts crying too.

"Babe, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I was just- scared. What if something happened to you? To the baby? You might have been able to skip a meal or two before, but your body is providing for a whole other human being, and it's not safe anymore," he explains to me.

"Yeah," I say, wiping his tears away, "I understand. I really should have been more careful. I'm sorry," I apologize, and peck his lips.

We just sit for a few minutes.

The doctor comes in.

"Ah, Remi! You're awake!" She shows a genuine smile.

"I am! Feeling much better, too!" I smile back.

"That's great! And good news: all I have to do is run one more test, and you can go home!" She tells me as she walks to her desk.

"Really?" Yoongi and I say in unison.

"Yep! It's just a blood test to check that there are no viruses or infections. Then, you'll be all good!" She explains, picking up the phone to call a nurse.

Her phone rings and when she answers, her expression turns serious, and she darts out the door, leaving it open.

A couple walk past with a baby girl, and I immediately look over to Yoongi, with a huge grin on my face.

His gummy smile flashes back at me.

That'll be us soon...

The blood test came back, and proved that I was healthy enough to go back home.

I was discharged from the hospital, and there is paparazzi everywhere.