The Birth Of Daisy Dursley

What if I had to tell you that Dudley was not the only son in the Dursley household? Many people assume he was an only child since he was spoiled so much and since he was the only one mentioned in the books... But no.

The Dursleys actually had another off spring. A daughter, to be exact.

Daisy Allison Dursley was born on the 22 November 1972. When she was born her father, Vernon Dursley, was quite disappointed as he was hoping for a son. Meanwhile, her mother, Petunia Dursley, was over the moon to have a little baby girl. She could not wait to start dressing her up and combing her hair and letting her wear dresses. (But she would later on find out that Daisy absolutely hated all of that. She would rather wear Tee-shirt and pants to clothes rather than the dresses and skirts her mother always forced her to wear. The things Daisy did enjoy was doing art, listening to music and reading.)

Even though Daisy's father was annoyed with the fact she was a girl, he didn't treat badly. But he also did not spoil her and treat her like her mother did. She grew up with always wanting to please and get her father's attention. Eight years after she was born, another baby was born to the Dursleys. A baby boy, who they named Dudley.

Daisy knew the moment her father looked proudly at Dudley, that she would now have to work more hard for her father's attention.

She had always been second best to her father. Never getting the attention she wanted from him. Whenever she wanted to show him something, he would make up some lame excuse. And whenever she showed him something she was proud of, he just waved it off, mumbling a small 'Oh good' without even averting his eyes from the telly or the paper.

A year after Dudley was born, Harry was found on the doorstep of Number Four, Privet Drive. To all the Dursleys he was a nuisance and just a burden... Except one, Daisy Dursley. She always preferred Harry over her spoilt rotten brother, Dudley. She grew very close to Harry, and was always there for comfort and support for whenever her parents "forgot" to find him or get him out of his "room" (which was actually a cupboard with a mattress). She was always there for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[ Total Word Count: 403 Words. Unedited.]