Chapter 2: Meeting the Team

Back at Stark Tower, Steve and Ella were incredibly uncomfortable. Everything was so unfamiliar and new to them they felt like crying they were so confused. Stark's ego made it even more infuriating. Dr. Banner's calm outward appearace and amiable attitude made him the nicest of th bunch. Romanoff and Barton were both pretty stoic. Thor was very kind, but a tad eccentric. Unlike Steve, Ella had more problems to deal with.

"So dolllface, when's the last time you ever went dancing?", Tony asked. Tears pricked at her eyes as she remembered.

"Bucky, you know I can't dance!", she exclaimed as she was dragged to the dancefloor. In her army uniform, it was hard for her to walk. The heels were horrendous. How did Peggy do it every day?

"C'mon, it isn't that hard. Just follow my lead.", he smiled at her and in a split second all her doubts and fears went away. Ella's face had gone red.

"O-okay, I guess.", she stuttered, just as a song started. It was "Just the Way You Look Tonight". "You chose this one, didn't you?", she asked Bucky. He smiled and nodded. She buried her face in the crook of his neck. "I love you, Bucky."

"Love you too Ell." And with that, they kissed, not caring who was watching.

"You have no idea how long ago it was.", she muttered. 

"With that lover of yours, what was his name again?"

"Bucky."

"What?"

"His name was Bucky.", she whispered. Steve entered the room.

"Stark, don't remind her of him. Stop it.", he said. It was strange, usually Ella was the one to call out bullies who made fun of Steve. 

"And why should I?", he tested their patience. Before Ella could say anything, Bruce split the fight apart.

"Okay, okay. Don't kill each other or provoke high stress situations. Please.", the doctor pleaded, rubbing his forehead. "Stark, I blame you for this."

Steve brought Ella out of the room, and she proceeded to cry into his neck. About Bucky, Tony being a dick, the new world being so unfamiliar and strange. Steve comforted her as she would him, rubbing her back and humming a soothing tune their mother always used to get them to sleep. She feel asleep and Steve brought her back up to her room on their shared floor.