Only If I Die

Hi, just popping in to say I do take a lot from the Infinity War script in some parts, especially this and the previous chapters. I do this so I can set the story up correctly and I am in no way taking credit for the dialogue. This will change after this chapter, though the next has a tiny bit of dialogue from the movie :)

I waited anxiously for the other guard to come running back. But the King himself made an appearance instead.

"Show me what you showed them." He demanded, looking straight into my eyes. I did as he asked, showing him and the guards around him exactly what I showed the other two. Their reactions were all the same. Fear. But the King kept composed in front of them. He didn't fool me though. His expression stayed stoic and he continued to stand tall, creating a strong facade for his people. "Let him out."

The women surrounded him, two coming in front of him, and two behind. Their metallic spears pointed vertically. 'They're protecting him...'

"I am not here to cause harm," I spoke.

"Surely you can understand our uneasiness."

"I can." I looked to the right of the white hallway. A man with long brown hair stood eyeing me, his jaw clenched. His striking blue eyes stared deep into mine. He would have looked like Thor if his hair and facial hair were blond, and if he was taller. He looked quite familiar as well.

"Steve is on his way, right?" He questioned the King.

"He is." he replied, and turned away. They all began walking down the hallway. Two guards put me back in the cuffs, one stayed behind me and one in front.

"Steve. Steve Rogers?" No answer. I was getting sick of this. But if there is one thing I knew how to do, it was knowing my place. I learned that from Thor through his incessant arrogance. "Please, I need to know. Are the Avengers coming?" I pleaded with him.

"Yes." He answered sharply. I let out a sigh of relief. 'Finally, progress'.   "But they are not here for you. They are not aware of your presence." I became confused.

"Then why are they here?" The King stayed silent. The soldier at the front glanced back at the King knowingly.

"There's no point in staying silent about it, T'challa. He could help, crazy as it sounds." The man spoke. I didn't notice before, but his left arm is made of metal. A dark metal - almost black - with gold under-plating. I wondered if the arm was heavy, because he walked with a slight tilt to the left side, his brown locks swayed each time - the gun strapped on his back rattling. 

The King grinned at his remark, looking back at me.

"Sergeant Barnes is right, my King." the General of the warriors agreed. I waited patiently to be told, but still not expecting him to explain at all.

"Dr. Banner said the same exact thing - as to what you showed us - to Captain Rogers. The fight between him and Thanos, Thor's head being crushed by the gauntlet. And that woman. The one with brown hair and the staff. He mentioned her as well. We would not have let you out if Banner never explained what had happened, to Captain Rogers." He elaborated.

I stayed quiet. Bruce was alive. I registered everything the King said. 'Why did the name T'challa sound so familiar? And where have I heard the name Sergeant Barnes before? Bruce should have been sent to New York, did trouble follow? Is Dr. Strange still alive?' My mind was racing as we walked throughout the palace, making our way outside, onto a landing deck.