End Game

//

TERA

//

     "BRING. ME. THANOS!" Thor screamed, jumping up in the air with an explosion of lightning following behind. I ran next to him towards the forest, killing an Outrider that got in my way.

     "Oh, you guys are so screwed now!" Bruce yelled from the gigantic red metal suit he wore, punching and throwing off the creatures that had jumped on him. I bolted to Bruce, yelling his name and catching his attention. "Tera! Oh my god, Tera!"

     "Loki, where is he?!" I hollered, taking the new spear I had and jabbing it into the face of an Outrider, blood spraying from its wound.

     "I - I don't know! He's fighting!"

     I scanned around, trying to find him through the mess of dead bodies - both Outriders and humans. 'That's too many for one day. For a whole lifetime...' I thought.

     "Well is he alive?!"

     "Jesus Christ, I hope so..." he replied, looking around with a newfound worry written across his face.

     That's when I saw him. The breath left my lungs as I ran to him, jumping over what got in my way, not even bothering to kill it. I strapped my spear onto my back and rammed into him, hugging him as tight as I could manage. He hugged back, his body shaking.

     "Tera... Oh my... Tera..." the God whispered in my ear, burying his face in my neck. We pulled apart, looking each other in the eyes. "I thought you were dead!" He breathed, relieved.

     "I am very much alive." I said through the tears that were now streaming down my face.

     "I prayed to the Allfathers for you, for Thor," he whispered, cupping my face and catching the tears that had fallen. He leaned in and captured my lips. The kiss was salty and desperate - hungry. "I never thought I'd kiss you again," He cried, resting his forehead on mine. "Never thought I'd hold you again."

     Everything seemed to stop when I was next to him. Breathing - existing - became easier when we were by each other's side. I looked into his blue eyes and saw a complete mix of emotions. Love, fear, desperation, rage. All of it. How could he still be strong, standing even, when he is feeling the weight of every world he has ever been to or heard of on his shoulders?

     Heavy running broke us out of our trance. We turned to the sound, only to be thrown to the ground by Black Dwarf, one of Thanos' children that we came into contact with earlier today. He went straight for Loki, swinging his axe ruthlessly without any technique. I ripped my spear from its confines, shoving it into the monster's side. He turned to me, smacking me to the ground with his fist and ripping the staff out of his oblique, tossing it to the ground.

     Loki took the opportunity to jump on him, taking his daggers and stabbing Black Dwarf on either side of his neck. He swung around, trying to shake Loki off. The God cloned himself twice, each double going for the legs.

     I picked the spear up, pressing the lever three times to split it in half. I lodged one end into the creature's stomach. Then I walked backward a bit and ran, jumping to his face and stabbing him straight in one of his eyes. He let out a guttural scream, a dark colored blood spurting from his eye as I pulled out. I slammed into the other eye, hearing a loud crack.

     Loki unhooked one of his daggers and jabbed it into the back of the creature's skull. We both pulled our weapons down as we slid off the body, dragging through flesh and bone as the mangled monster dropped down lifeless next to us. Loki's clones dissipated as he came to stand next to me. A wave of Outriders were coming onto us quickly as the Avengers fought around us in a flurry. Everything seemed to be migrating into the forest.