Chapter 5

It was my first time at the Capitol. It was colorful, vivid, and extraordinary. My stomach grumbled, and I faced the consequences of my actions. I was ready for loud screamings and scoldings, but I was surprised to see an apologizing Blaron Kift infront of me.

“Sorry Emilia.” He said.

“No big deal. Let’s eat.”

We ate another feast. I ate a smaller portion of each food I saw at the table, I don’t want to vomit at Capitol later on.

“So Emilia, will you mind getting your hair cut?” Ilignma hollered at me across the mahogany table.

“Why? Is it needed?” I asked

“No not at all, I am not sure, but it’s up to your prep team.”

“Prep team?”

“Yes, the people who will meet us shortly at the Remake Center. I absolutely love Grifly, your stylist. He’s one of the finest lad in Capitol. Such an angel.” chirped Ilignma.

After a while, I found myself lying at a table, nothing on my body except a white thin dress, The room’s dim, and I could see heels walking towards the bed.

“Hi I’m Fro and this is Dew. We’re Grifly’s assistants, we’ll get you pampered while you wait for him.” Fro, a tall man who has purple hair and golden bangs poured water in my hair. The water smelled like Jasmine flowers.

“You’ll be a beauty when you’ll be in your district’s attire. You’ll be pulled by horses in a chariot. I heard your horses are silver plated in the knees, so divine!” Dew, a small-voiced woman, told me as she massaged my head.

They trimmed my nails to perfect, uniform sizes, massaged my feet and trimmed my brows.

“You’re so lucky to be un-hairy, or else we’ll have to get rid of all your body hair!” says Dew.

Suddenly, a guy, who must be Grifly, walked in the room. He hugged me instantly.

“Emilia, right? I am so excited to style you! You are so pretty!”He said in an over-the-top voice.

The prep team went outside and asked me if I wanted water. Then it was only me and Grifly. He applied me silver make-up, and he painted my face like I was a canvas ready for his masterpiece.

“Okay, time for the outfit!”

He showed me a silver dress, made mainly from gems and glitters, it was one sparkly dress. He stripped me off my thin apparel, I hesitated at first, covering my chest, but eventually giving in afterwards. He helped me to put on the heavy dress and equally heavy headpiece.

“You are so stunning.” He gasped.

I looked at the mirror. I was really stunning. The dress turned out to have reflective tiny glitters that highlight my face and give color to my red hair. I was divine.

Ilignma then escorted me to the back stage. I catched a glimpse of the crowd, the  coliseum was packed with Capitol citizens, colors were raging from black to yellow, curly to straight, tamed to wild. It was a color mayhem.

It was the first time I saw the other tributes. The tributes from District two were dressed in golden outfits symbolizing masonry, their district’s job. A girl in a pink gem-encrusted dress was walking all around finding her prep team. A little girl, probably around twelve, was sitting in one corner, watching everything happen as a big, masculine guy probably from his district sat beside her. One catchy pair was from District twelve, who had black suits on and they were on flames. Literally. They were catching fire and it was really great, beyond Capitol’s expectations. I heard that the girl, Katniss Everdeen, was a volunteer for her sister. Ilignma spoke of her during lunch. There were a lot of people there, and the show was about to start. I was finding Blaron and Ilignma when my arm was pulled by somebody.

And I was shocked when I saw Marvel’s face staring into mine again.