chapter seventeen: the prize goes to the heart throbbing couple

"As in the boy who's the biggest asshole on this planet?" Tonya exasperates.

"Yep, and I tried to explain that to them by telling them what happened with you and their response was 'Well, Lydia darling, no one is saying you have to fall in love with him and give your heart away but you're still going to marry him. Plus who would be that fond of Jaclynn anyway'. That's when I flipped my shit because you're my best fucking friend Jackie. She can force me to marry whatever fucktard is out there but I can't do this attacking shit when it comes to you," She wipes her eyes and stands up. "We're going to the party and we're going to get wasted and end up in some guy's bed."

"Um...sorry to kill the moment Lyds but I have a boyfriend," I say in a small voice.

"He's a guy, correct?" she asks me like I'm stupid.

"Well that would indicate the words boy and friend," I remark.

"Then get in his bed. Devirginize yourself already," she says walking over to the back that she knows has her costume in it. She turns and gives a suspicious smile before she disappears into her bathroom.

"She's going to go crazy. She's going to make a mistake and then she's going to go crazy," I panic.

"She's not going to go crazy. She's going to uh....yeah maybe crazy is the right word," Tonya forces in agreement.

"What are we going to do?" I whisper.

"We're not doing anything Lynn. You can obviously see she's hurting. When Lydia is hurting what do we do?"

"We let her hurt," i reply nodding slowly.

"Exactly. She'll get out her crying and emotions. She'll be fine by tomorrow. Well maybe not fine but she'll me okay," Tonya assured me rubbing my back and smiling a little. "I mean it's crazy that she has to marry this jack ass in three months but we're going to be there for her every step of the way."

I sigh and run a hair through my hair.

That's when Lydia walks in with a full face of makeup looking like a goddess. You'd never even be able to tell if she was crying all day because she looks absolutely perfect right now. My best friend is gorgeous. I love her. I only want the best for her.

"So, are we ready?" She asks.

"Um, yeah."

The three of us walk out of her room just as her little sister Carly is rushing by. Carly stops and turns to look at us.

"You guys are very pretty," she says and blushes.

"Thanks," we sat in harmony and walk downstairs. Lydia pulls us into her father's study and let's go once we're inside she marches up to her dads desk.

"Lydia, you know there are no guests allowed in here," he whisper shouts.

"Lydia what are you wearing? You look like a stripper go change." her mother says waving her off.

"No, I'm not changing. I'm staying in this. I'm leaving this house with my two best friends. Jackie is an amazing person. She has a good boyfriend. The reason Jax didn't want her was because she wouldn't have sex with him. He's heartless and cruel. So i'm going out tonight with my two best friends as mentioned before. I'm going to a party. I'm going to drink until i'm numb. I'm going to find a hot boy. I'm going to make out with that hot boy. Then I'm going to have sex with him. Don't think about stopping me because I'll just sneak out. I'll be back tomorrow morning and sober for this meeting." Lydia says and smirks at the end when she sees the terrified look of her mother.

She turns and smiles at us. "Come on guys," she says and struts towards us.

"Lydia Anna Lynn Pearl get back here right now!" her dad shouts and stands up.