Chap Chap 16 - My Birthday (continued.. AGAIN)

I look up when Michael says my name

"I love you." He starts "and he's hurt you, I've been there for you since day one, I've been here, we've been best friends for so long.. I love you (Y/N).. But I will understand if you can't love me back and I will support your decision. But I just want you to know.. I do love you.."

Holy.. What?

Ashton.. Is Ashton.. And I love Ashton.. But he broke my heart.. And Michael has been my best friend for years and I never thought of him like that.. But I kissed back.. What do I want? What do I need..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I refuse to look up at them. This is so.. Confusing! Ugh! Boys! Hormones! Puberty! WHY.

I only listen as Ashton talks

"Sweetheart.. Please answer us.. Say something.. Anything.."

"Don't call her sweetheart." Michael butts in "and give her time. We just threw all this stuff onto her.."

I take a deep breath and look up at them

"I'm sorry.. I'm so so sorry.. But.. Michael.. I'm sorry if you thought I was leading you on.. B-but.. I don't see you like that.. I'm sorry.."

I don't know what to say, I just feel terrible and I can't make eye contact with him.

He takes a deep breath.. He looks at Ashton and says

"If you ever hurt her again. I will hurt you. More than you've ever hurt her. And ice cream won't be able to fix it."

He walks over to me, wraps his arms around me squeezing me tight, and leaves. I look up at Ashton, still sitting down, and he gets in his knees in front of me. I look at him as he tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear.. And he kisses my softly.. As if he was afraid he would hurt me if he got to tough..

I feel a blush rise onto my cheeks as I kiss back the same way.. Man.. I really missed this. 

~ a few weeks later because.. Ha! ~

"Baaaabe! Hurry up the movies gonna start!" Ashton calls to me.

"Okay okay!" I run down the stairs and sit beside him on the couch and giggle as he wraps the blankets around the both of them. I curl into his chest watching The Maze Runner with him. I kisses his shoulder and smile up at him. I'm a big fan of cuddles and fluff. Heh.. I'm a girl I have needs!

Anyway.. Things are great. I couldn't be happier right now.. Really.