A Gentle Lion.

(Y/N= Your Name)
(Y/N's PoV)
"You'll die as you lived in a Flash of The Blade, in a corner, forgotten by no one. You live for the touch, for the feel of the steel. One man, and his honor." I sang in my car as I pulled up to the bar.
'This was the one that Rod told me to be at.' I thought as I took a quick glance at the clock.
6:00 p.m, just like he had said.
I was meeting Rod Smallwood and my childhood heroes, Iron Maiden. All my life I loved them, and my 28 year old self couldn't contain my excitement. I stepped out of my car and slammed the door shut, locking it for good measure.
Be calm. You can do this.
Walking into the bar, I immediately saw Rod.
"Ey! Darlin' there ya are!" He called out to me. Smiling, I made my way towards the group of people I've grown to love, except one of them wasn't present.
"So boys, this 'er is Y/N. She will be apart of the tour comin' up. Don't scare off the pretty Las." He jokingly said, I was smiling and blushing like a moron.
"It's nice 't finally see ya!" Nicko enthusiastically said with that beautiful smile of his. I smiled and shook all of their hands.
'Adrian...Janick...Nicko...
Dave...Steve... Who's missing?
Just then, he walks in.
Bruce Dickinson himself.
How could I have forgotten about a guy I've had a crush on forever. My heart was about to explode.
"'Ello, are you the lady helping Rod?" Bruce asked politely, I nodded.
"It's great to meet ya. Bruce." He said as he put his hand out to shake, I gladly took it.
"Y/N." I couldn't help but smile. He was a different person off camera and off stage.
Everyone took their seats, Bruce was sitting across from me, he was next to Dave and Steve, I sat next to Rod and Nicko. They talked and talked, and I was looking around me. These guys are my heroes.
I'm here planning their tour.
I'm spending nearly a year with them.
I'm sitting across from my "celebrity crush."
How did I end up here?
A few hours later we all had to part our ways. We found ourselves in the parking lot.
"Did ya enjoy yourself?" Steve asked me, trying to make some kind of conversation. I smiled at him and nodded.
"Yeah, I really did. This was a pretty surreal experience."
"Surreal?" He asked,
"Yeah, you guys are my inspiration. This is an honor to plan and work with you guys. Making the setlist, planning the places, set design, all that stuff. I'm glad I can be apart of it." Steve looked at me, he looked pleased.
"You clearly have a passion to do this. I'm glad Rod found you. Glad you're a bit of a fan too. Y'know, so you have an idea of what a Maiden show looks like." He said. We sat in comfortable silence for a few moments.
"Do you, by chance, have a significant other?" I was confused by the sudden question but I replied.
"Yeah, not a good one really but one none the less. Why?"
"Not asking for me self, but someone might have been asking..." He directed his focus to Bruce, who was currently talking to Janick and Dave.
I looked at Bruce just to see his gorgeous caramel eyes staring back at me, I quickly looked back at Steve.
"He's always been a lil shy when it comes to girls and meeting new members of the crew. Having a pretty girl that's for now apart of the crew probably fucked with his heart and mind. It's nice to see him trying to find someone new though, his divorce was pretty messy." He explained.
"What happened?" I asked out of curiosity.
"Dunno the full story, but his wife was cheating and all around being a bitch to 'im. Anytime we'd do a gig, he'd be really upset or angry. Wouldn't talk. Really unlike him." Steve looked a little upset, and to be frank, I was pretty upset too. Bruce deserved the world. But then he perked up.
"So how's your relationship? Boyfriend a cunt?" He kinda laughed, I kinda laughed too.
"Yeah, he has some anger problems. He can be pretty... destructive." I said, trying not to say too much. The repercussions could be severe if I told anyone.
"If ya ever need a break, just phone me. Alright?" He said concerned. I smiled and nodded. I gave Steve a hug and he gladly hugged back.
I sighed and looked over in Bruce's direction.
"Really wish I could've talked to Bruce more." I said absentmindedly.
"We're gonna be meeting at Janick's house tomorrow to just hang out and ya gotta talk to Rod about your dates and all this and that. I'll call to tell you the details." I nodded. I said goodbye to the guys, well, except Bruce, I was too nervous.
I got in my car and turned it on, I took out my Powerslave CD in favor of my new About A Matter of Life and Death CD. For the Greater Good Of God was such a nice song and Bruce's voice was so smooth and beautiful, like usual. The song starts out quiet then gets to be like an actual Maiden song, then gets gradually slower and ends like it started, quiet.
I didn't notice until I put on the song that Bruce was staring at me. When I looked up he smiled and waved goodbye, I blushed and waved goodbye to him. I pulled out of the parking lot and started heading towards my boyfriends' apartment.
"Are you a man of peace or a man of holy war? Too many sides to you, don't know which anymore. So many full of life, but also filled with pain. Don't know just how many will live to breath again. A life that's made to breathe, destruction or defense. A mind that's vain corruption, bad or good intent. A wolf in sheeps clothing or saintly or sinner. Or some that would believe, a holy war winner.."
That was the first time I REALLY listened to the lyrics. They honestly touched me. I didn't even notice I was crying a little bit. Wiping the liquid away, I had to keep driving. A few minutes went by, the end of the song was approaching.
"He gave his life for us, he fell upon the cross. To die for all of those who never mourned his loss. It wasn't meant for us to feel the pain again. Tell me why... Tell me why..."
All the emotions in his voice told he was touched by the lyrics Steve wrote. Religion was a touchy subject for anyone, especially Bruce.
Pulling into the apartment complex, I had to compose myself. Taking deep breaths, I got out of my car and went into the apartment. Not to my surprise, my boyfriend sitting there with another girl.
"Hey babe! Meet Tasha!" He said. I winced at his pet name for me. I hated this. His eyes were angry when he noticed I didn't shake her hand right away. I grabbed her hand and shook it. They went back to watching TV while I went into "our" room.
"Please tell me now what life is, please tell me now what love is, well tell me now what war is, again tell me what life is..." I quiet sang to myself as I fell asleep. Tear falling down my cheeks.
-
End of Chapter 1.