Chapter 12: Run

"Taehyung said hi to me today," Dahyun told the table as she took a seat. Jackson was by her side and nodded. "He said hi to me too."

You ignored what they said and kept chewing on your food. Every once in awhile Taehyung would be brought up into the conversation and every time you would not budge into the conversation. Whether it was of his play or just seeing him around, you stayed quiet. You knew that the group felt bad that you basically lost both of your best friends, but mostly how Taehyung left because of them. But they had nothing to be sorry for. It was Taehyung who was to be blamed.

"You have to eventually talk about him." You heard Yoongi tell you. You looked up at him and shook your head, making him sigh out loud.

"Please try to fix it." He then looked over at Dahyun and back at you. "I let a relationship of mine ruin my friendship with Dahyun and I'm telling you it's hard to recover from."

You were gonna give in. "Here's the difference. Jin wants me to talk to him, wants the friendship to be fixed. While Taehyung doesn't want me to be happily with Jin only because he believes my ex and I are meant to be. So while my boyfriend is being supportive and my best friend wasn't, I had to make a choice on who. And I chose the one who was actually supportive. There's the difference."

And with that, you saw a different Yoongi. He looked upset. You knew you hurt him. "I'm so sorry," You tried to cover up.

He gave you a small smile before looking down at his food. "Jimin was right... you really are something else when you're hungry."

You choked on your food and if it wasn't for the fact that Yoongi was Jimin's best friend, you would've jumped on the boy. But no. If Jimin cared for him, you had to care too.

Yoongi laughed at you then got up. "I have class. We'll continue this later, okay?"

"Me too."

"Yeah me too."

"I just have other friends I'd like to hang out with."

Namjoon then looked at Jin and patted his back. "We have class as well, so we better get going." Jin kissed your cheek before getting up with the others and left.

You turned to the only one left for you to bother.

"Jungkook!"

Your best friend.

"How have you been Kookie?" You leaned your head on the table while staring at your best friend and as he continued to eat.

"I've been good," he mumbled.

You frowned. "I wanna know more Kookie."

"I don't think there's a lot with me."

That's when you gave in and hugged your best friend. You were well aware that you two weren't as close as you were a couple weeks ago, but you didn't want him to think that you only used him for Jin. The truth was that you enjoyed your friendship with him. There was more to him than you thought. And you weren't gonna let his friendship with you sink so easily.

"How are things with Gina?"

He was already quiet before, but now you could hear the quiet. Better yet, the awkwardness. "She's doing good."

You smiled. Your arms were still around your best friend. "You and Jin doing okay?"

You pulled away from him and sat next to him with a smile on your face. "Everything's okay with us."

He smiled at you. It was a small smile. "You got the guy."

"And you got the girl."

"No. I didn't."