Chapter 19: Guardian Yoongs

"Yoongi," you greeted him as you took a seat next to his.

"I'm surprised you actually showed up," he said while sipping some water. "I heard you're not much of a drinker."

"Jin has been showing me how to handle my liquor."

"Speaking of Jin," Yoongi mumbled before passing you another water he had apparently prepared for you. "How are things between you both?"

You walked in not knowing what your conversation with Yoongi was going to be about. And you hoped that this wasn't going to be the whole conversation.

"Things are good." You gave him a small before proceeding to sip your water.

"I'm being serious." His voice got deep and maybe it played with your mind a bit but you laughed it off because at the end, this was Yoongi. The boy who intimidated you the most.

"I'm not blind. I see that you guys have been distant lately."

That took you by surprise because you really thought you and Jin were doing good on not showing that small piece that was missing between you both.

"We really are doing fi-"

"Jimin told me a lot about you. So, I know you better than you think. To the point that I know that there's something different with you both."

His eyes dig into you. It was his usual poker face but it was getting to you.

You sighed. "Okay fine. We are doing fine. However, we decided to break up awhile ago." There it was. Yoongi was the first of the group now to know of you and Jin.

"We went awhile without talking to each other because he didn't tell me he was graduating early. When we made up, we went out for dinner. And we talked about things... We realized we had feelings for each other, yes. But we didn't have feelings to the extent of... it being... love."

Jin stared at you while you played with your food, not really feeling hunger after confessing what happened between your ex.

"You loved her, huh?"

You looked up at him and he sighed. "You still love her."

You shook your head, trying to not let that idea run through your head.

"Y/n..." He held your hand between his and stared into your eyes. "We've been together for awhile. So my question now is this... Do you love me?"

"You make me happy," you smiled at him. "You are an amazing guy without a doubt."

"But you don't love me."

You thought about it before. But thought that within time, maybe your feelings would grow. "I'm sorry..."

"I like you," he smiled. "But just like you. I don't love you."

"So what now?"

"We enjoy each other's company while we can."

You stared at him for awhile, not believing much of what had happened.

"Oh!," Jin said before taking another spoonful of food. "When you do find someone you love, please don't be afraid to love them."

That's how it ended. Your dream of being to be the girl who got to call Kim Seokjin her own, was dead. Of course you both still acted like a couple, but that's the thing. You weren't.

"You two were cute together," Yoongi said. "I don't say that to just anyone."

"Thank you."

"How do you feel about the whole thing? You seem like you're taking everything too well."