Check The Rhime

Rose:

We came back to the hotel and took a power nap..
Well at least I thought I did Kennedy came and woke me up..
I sat up and looked around than looked over at her wiping my eyes and sitting up straight..
I smiled at her..
"You smell good.. Where you going looking all cute?"

"Where I'm going?
Nah, where WE going, is the question..
I let you sleep long enough get up..
the limo will be here in about two hours..
come on get ready I picked out your outfit already and everything, all you gotta do is hop in the shower.."

"Damn.."
I looked at her phone..
"I didn't expect to sleep that long.."
I said stretching out..

"It's cool we been traveling, you was tired so I let you rest.. Now rest time is over!
Rico called me..
I sent him the address already..
and oh yeah the block party is 90s theme.."

"Damn I wish he would've told us while we were in NYC.. we could've bought outfits.."

"Don't EVEN trip.. You know I stay prepared.. I even brought our bamboo earrings we wore to that party in Compton that one time.."

I laughed..
"Oh girl! No you did not!"

"I did bitch! You remember that shit?"

I shook my head getting undressed..
"How could I forget? I risked my life doing that with you.. My mom still doesn't know about it.. and if she ever found out she would kill me till this very day.. Plus that's the night I met Lance.."
I said looking down at the promise ring he gave me as a gift when I got my first job at Ralph's.. He said it was a promise that no matter what friends we would always remain..

"I know.."
Kennedy said looking down..
She could've told me to take it off and get over him but she didn't.. she never judged me or told me nothing like that.. All she ever says is whatever you decide I'll be here for you..
"Ight why we standing around? Go get in the shower your favorite soap is already in there.."

"Thanks Kenn.."

"Oh girl, don't start that sentimental stuff.. I'm bout to go get blazed on the balcony.. hurry up so I can tame that hair of yours and flat iron it.."
I nodded heading in the bathroom..
After I got out and dry Kennedy did my hair and gave me some light makeup with the bronze Nia Long 90s lipstick..
She put my hair in a high ponytail with some baby hairs pumping and had on a Big Lakers Jersey that fit me like a oversized dress..
Kennedy had on some baggy pants and a Crenshaw Jersey.. Of course she had her hair in her signature box braids.. That's her favorite style..
I laughed at her putting on lip gloss..

"What's so funny.."
She said looking back at me..

"Shoot both of us.. You look like you stepped straight out of a TLC video and I look.."

"You look good! Courtesy of ME!"
She aid sliding across the floor flipping her braids..

"Yeah we both look good.. You do the best hair and makeup high..."

"Don't I THO!"
She said sticking out her tongue..
"I swear if this green is weak I'ma let oh boy Rico know about himself, I don't play that weak ass weed shit.."

I shrugged..
"As you should.."
I said putting my iPod on the iPod station..

"Damn I forgot I brought you that with you.. hey turn on some 90s Jams so we can get in the mood.."