Whipped Cream

Present Time
Rose:

"I'm so honored that you all came out to share this experience with me!
The manager is telling me it's closing time in the back but you know we brake rules..
So I have time for one more question so make it a good one.."
Me and Tyler had been at my meet and chill book signing all day.
We originally said 7 pm but that just wasn't enough time so I started early at 3 until an hour past closing time..
I signed so many books..
Met so many amazing people I never knew who could connect with my books of different races..
I fed everybody and got to sit with them and hear how my book made people feel..
Imagine that, my book gave people feelings..
We all took thousands of pictures and discussed the book..
And I just got to really know and connect with my readers..
Experiences!
That's what I'm all about,
Experiences.
It helps me get out of my own head so I won't fall victim to my own sorrows in my world..
There were so many hands ready to ask me a question ..
I could have chose a women and I know they were expecting me to but I wanted to hear from a mans prospective this time around because I had a question for them as well..
I picked the tall mixed guy that sorta reminded me of a New York version of my uncle Junior.
"Okay I pick you!"
I said pointing to him..

"Who me?"
He said pointing at himself..

"Yes you!
But before you ask me something I have a question for you but I don't want you to take it the wrong way I'm just curious."

He nodded..
"Word life ask me anything mami."

"OOOP!
Mami?
Okay Papi Chulo!"
He blushed..
"Come up here so I can see you better.."
He made his way through everybody..
He reached his hand out to shake mine..
I came around the table and pushed that hand away giving him a hug..
"You should know by now we show love.. nona dat bougie hand shaking crap..
What's your name and where you from?"

"Francisco.. and I'm from the Boogie down Bronx.."
He said in the microphone I tilted his way.

"Okay, Okay!
Everybody from the Boogie down in here tonight stand up an show y'alls borough some love!"
Almost half the people started going wild..
"Hell NO!
It's Los Angelos up in here now y'all done stepped into the West Coast..
So calm that shit down!"
I said playfully as they all started laughing..
"Nah I'm fuckin' with y'all..
Okay so Francisco?"
I said moving my brows up and down biting my lips..
"When I created this series of books I would have loved to see a hardcore force to get into them but I didn't think it would actually happen..
I assumed all my audience were all women and sista girls.."
I said snapping
"But Angie Martinez made me realize how wide across the spectrum my audience really is..
So I'm curious are you a straight man or do you dibble dabble in that life child?"
I gave him the mic

"Nah.. No disrespect to my LGBT community but I'm straight baby..
I'm just secure enough with myself as a man to do things that niggas act like they don't do..
Like read and allat!"

"That's real, I can respect that on a whole level..
Do you feel like you have a connection with any of these characters?"

"Most def ma..
Yo the way you don't just only tell this whole conglomerate you've built from only just a woman's prospective is dope..
The way you're able to capture a man and how we think and wea' we coming from is crazy!
I know it's hard to understand wea' each side of the gender is comin' from but you pull it out like you can actually be in someone's mind..
And that's what I connect with.."
I smiled, I felt what he said because I knew just what he meant and where he was coming from..