Pimpin' My Butterfly

7 years later..
Present Day in NYC...
Rose:

I stud in front of the window that over looked NYC at night..
I couldn't believe after all this time my book Lost Love which I turned into a series was number 3 in New York Times and being picked up for a series..
The scenery was beautiful..
My little cousin Tyler was my booking agent, Manager, accounting and all..
Except he's grown into the great Young Man I knew he always was.
I could trust him with my life and he was sharp as a tack..
There was a knock on the door to the sweet He and I were staying in..
We both had our own side for privacy.

"Come in!"
I said remaining by the window..

"You ready for tomorrow?"
He asked sitting on the chair opposite of where I stud..

"I'm just nervous.."
I said mesmerized by the night sky..

"Well would it make you feel any better if I told you that Kennedy would be able to come?"

I smiled big, glancing over his way..
"Dammit Ty, that's why you on my team!
Is she bringing Rico and the kids?"

"Yeah they're coming too..
Also Corrie and the gang, Uncle Junior and my Dads flights are booked so they'll be here in the morning..
Oh yeah before it slips my mind, Kennedy also wants to know if you would have time to come and talk to her students before we leave back to California "

"Good looking..
Yeah for sure anything for my girl, we can make that happen we have 4 days here.
Can you make sure to note it for me so I won't forget?"

"Already noted!"

I smiled at his sufficiency
"Are your brothers coming too?"

"I haven't heard from them you know how they are, just waiting to hear back.."

I nodded..
"What about Yolanda?"
I said side eyeing him..

"She agreed to go ahead and take your offer."
I remained quiet looking off into the distance..
"She'll beat it this time, I know she will!
The rehabilitation center I got for her is phenomenal and she'll have the best relatable care this time around.
Five stars in the whole State of California!"

"Listen I'd pay a million dollars if that meant getting her back to how she was before but nothing will change unless she really wants to..
Being a manic depressive is an ongoing battle of Faith in God and TLC..
Since Corrie cut her off from seeing the kids I know she's really going through it as much as I wanna be mad that she keeps falling astray, I gotta be in her corner..
It's what my mom would expect outta me.."

Tyler nodded..
"Indeed Aunt Tisha would be proud of you..
Do you have your speech prepared for tomorrow?"

"Nah.. I'll just speak from the heart,
how that sound to you?"

He smiled nodding..
"Sounds good to me..
I'll go get some rest and you should too, tomorrow is a big day!"

"I know.. I'll catch some sleep in a minute.."
He left out heading back to his end..
But in this moment,
I felt like I was just in a moment..
Nothing felt like anything to be honest..
All I could think about was everything in life that I had accomplished..
I graduated from college top of my class and went on to become a top selling author like I set out to..
It took some time, patience and dedication but it seems like once things took its course I was on the up an up from there as far as my career went..
Every year since 2016 I would drop three book series from my Lost Love chronicles.
I had other books prior to that but none of them compared to when I came up with my Love Lost series..
I had everything I could dream of yet and still I just felt so empty and dead but I would never let it show..
It seems like after the fall of 2011 when I started school, life ended and began all in one..
I gotta get some sleep, I've been going so hard on fumes but I just couldn't find myself to get any real sleep..
I decided to lay up in the bed and write a letter..
When I felt down and out more than ever that was my therapy..
Writing a letter and never mailing it off..
I got my pad and pin and sat against the back headboard..
A letter to you:
I find myself writing these more then often.
I've written letters to my mom hoping my words would somehow make their way up there.
I've written letters to myself.
I've written prayers for Yolanda and her battles in this thing called life..
But never had I wrote one for you..
I wanted to pick up this pin so many days an nights to write you hoping that you would hear my heart..
Hoping you never forgot me.
Hoping that somewhere deep you would have a special kept spot and never forgot about us.
I think about you often and pray for you always.
Hoping that maybe our ships would pass in the night somehow..
What's it like on your end?
Are you happy and at peace now that I'm gone?
I always buy tickets to go watch your movies but never have the heart to sit through them.
I walk straight out before it actually plays..
Seeing your face brings a pain from that day..
I'm proud of all you set out to do..
I miss you, I never got to tell you how much you inspired me to keep pushing and be better..
You did!
You opened my mind and heart up to a whole new world and for that I thank you.
Sophia and Torria still have the 10 dollars bills you would give them..
They said they're never spending it.
They finally stop asking me about you because I guess hearing your name brought a curtain kind of pin across my face..
But sometimes, just somedays I wished they would bring you up..
To remind me that you were real, when we had each other..
That we were real when it mattered..
I never said those three words back officially..
Signed,
   Love Lost