My Life, My Life, My Life, My Life.. in the sunshine..

Previously on the last chapter..
Rose found her self needing answers to the hurt and years of harbored pain deep down inside that only Yolanda could give insight on..
Only Yolanda could possibly say the right thing to mend that space in her heart.. She had a hole that she never knew was missing or wanted to know until she saw Yolanda's face on the porch..
Her outburst at the beach, wasn't about Michael playing Jodeci..
And even though it reminded her of what Lance did when he brought her there it was deeper than that.. she had insecurities that were stemmed from the very day Yolanda walked out of her and Corrie's life..
But little did Rose know even though things seemed worse things were gonna get easier..
Every downfall has an uprise..

Rose:

She had so many pictures of me and Corrie I had never even seen before..
I never imagined in a million years I would run into her, let alone be standing in her living room yet here I am...

"I don't know what to say Rose..
You hungry, you want something to drink?
Here make yourself comfortable.. Do whatever you want.. everything I own all belongs to you and Corrie.."

"25 birthdays.. You never called..
Had to be almost 50 school plays and games I was apart of! You never showed up..
Corrie was a baby herself, but she still bathed me, raised me.. taught me about my period and how to clean myself, did my hair.. she spent her whole child hood doing YOUR JOB!"
I was breathing through my nose as she stood there calmly absorbing every blow with words I threw her way...
"I was molested before by your father! He would wait until grandma and Corrie left and come in the room, he would beat me when I was a child.. Still until this day no one knows.. I thought that shit was normal!
I seen a lady blow her head off.. Until my mom came along and save us from being brought up in the system I had never seen the outside of Watts! And God knows I love my mom but I'm feeling anger towards people who don't even deserve it and it's because of you.. Hearing your voice at least once when I was little could've made this all better.. at least I would've known you cared.. You were supposed to protect me, that's all I ever wanted"

She nodded remaining calm as one tear, just one fell down..
"I wanted to come get you both.. But mama wouldn't let me around you both..
I don't expect you to understand but I need you to know I was a manic depressive.. I thought that having you both would help.. but it only made things more crazy for me.. I turned to drugs instead of medication.. things were different back then.."

"Excuses.. all excuses!"

"I wrote you both every time I tried to get sober.. and every year I swear I sent you and Corrie both birthday cards and money.. I never missed out on one year.."

"Where? Where were they, I never seen not one card.."

"Rose I can't answer that but I did send them..
I can't get that time back.. but here I am.. and anything you want to know I'll tell you.."

"Did you know your father was a pedophole?"

She sighed..
"No.. Tisha tried to tell me and mom long ago but we didn't believe her so she moved out and took Junior & Robert with her.. at that time Carl was already heavy in the streets and moved out.. but if I would've known then what you're telling me now I would've killed his ass dead I swear!
I'm sorry you had to face these things alone.."