Palm Trees

Michael :

I smiled as she sat on the couch..
She looked at me bucking her little head..
"Booo! what you looking at?"
She said rolling her eyes at me..

I laughed coming to sit directly in front of her..
"Boo? That's what we on now, boo?
I'm looking at you!
All that crap about I got my nieces blah blah blah..
Yet here you are.."

"Yeah well I just came to give you this other 10 dollar bill you dropped out of your pocket when you left the cribo.."

I chuckled..
"Sooo you mean to tell me you drove 30 minutes outside of LA.. in traffic to give me 10 dollars? You know if it was that deep you could've just called.. You didn't have to drive all the way here for 10 dollars.."

"Yeah well.. What can I say I'm an honest person.. And I didn't call off for you, I called off because my uh.. my hip been feeling strange soo.. I just needed a brake.."

I shook my head..
"Oh really..
Your hips been feeling strange huh?
Well if that's the case then this was the wrong place to come cause it can get stranger"

She laughed
"Is that right.."

One hour earlier at Ralph's.. Author's POV...

"Hello mam, how are you.. May I speak with your general manager?"
Michael said to one of the cashiers up front..

She looked at him twice..
"Oooh shit I know you! Uh, um yeah of course.. give me one second.."

"Thank you Linda!"
He said looking down at her badge as she stumbled to pick up the phone and call for the manager..

Back in the managers office..

"Sooo what can I do for you sir.."

"Well I was trying to see if I could surprise a good friend of mine who works here by the name of Rose.."

"Rose.. And how do you know Rose exactly.. I've never heard her mention you.."
The manager said leaning back in her chair..

"Doesn't seem like she would talk about her personal life at all to anyone.. She's seems more of a personal kind of person.. And I just want to do something special for her, she's had it a little ruff.. Dealing with a lot.."

The manager looked over at Michael and then down at some papers..
"Yeah well she is dealing with her mom and all and you seem genuine.. The only problem is she's not scheduled for the rest of the next two weeks.. I gave her payed time off to focus on what matters.. She really is a hard worker.. She deserved at least that much.."

End of Flashback..

Back to Michael :

I thought about bursting her bubble and letting her know that I knew she was really off for two weeks but I'll keep that one to myself..

"Well if that's what you say than that's what it is.. So you brought by the 10 dollars, is there anything else you had in mind?"
I said working my way over to sit by her..

"Well since I'm here I might as well wait out the traffic.."

I smirked..
"Wait out the FOREVER traffic in LA?"
I laughed..
"You don't have to beg you can stay the night..
I know you want to!"
I said moving my eyebrows up and down..
"Hey look what I picked up at the swap meet you told me about on the boulevard..."
I said getting up going to bring it from the closet..
I came back out..