"Luce?" (Ashton's POV)

- "So yeah, I guess that's why Youngblood is so special to us", I answer.

- " I agree yeah", Luke adds.

- "Of course you do, it's me who's talking Luke".

Calum and Mike start laughing.
- "He's a wordsmith Luke you know this!"

- "Alright boys, it's time to let you go now, thank you so much for coming and uh.. see you next time hopefully!"

- "Thanks so much, we will", Luke says with a weak smile.

After a quick chit chat, the boys and i leave the building and ponder on what to do next, since for once, we have the rest of the day off.
- "I think i'll go back to the hotel guys, i'm so fucking tired" Calum fake cries.

- "Alright dude, get some rest we'll meet you back at the hotel i guess" Mike tells him. "What do you two want to do? I'm feeling a little frisky"

- " Um, i think i'll just go back with Cal, you know, make sure he doesn't fall asleep in the back of the cab haha" Luke states.

- "Oh, okay mate.. um, well, Mike? Still feeling up for it?" I say.

- "Hell fucking yeah!"

- " Language young man there are people around"

- "Sorry mum", Michael teases. "See you guys later".

- "Love you guys!" Calum yells out the cab window.

Luke looked so crushed. And I know exactly why.
Mike and i start walking around the streets of the city we once knew all too well. Among other things.
- "I feel like it's been forever since we've been back" Michael sighs.

- "It's because it has been" i say, not taking my eyes of the ground. I check my phone. No texts. Although i was only hoping for the one in particular.
- "No answer huh?"

- "Radio silence, as per usual", I chuckle softly.

- "Don't give up Ash, it's been a few years but Lucy is still Lucy. Alright, there are plenty valid reasons as to why she hasn't texted us back" he says, entering the cafe.

- "Well, look who's trying out optimism! Seriously Mike you choose the wrong time to start listening to me" I raise my eyebrow.

- "Look, i miss her too. And as much as i don't always believe it, a small part of me still thinks it had nothing to do with us"

- "I don't know what it could be Mike.."

- "Ash, c'mon think about it. She was always supportive of our dreams. She knew we wouldn't stay in England forever. And she didn't care, because she loved us. So why would us moving to L.A change a thing? We even told her she should come with us! And she didn't, and she couldn't tell us why."

- "Didn't she say school?"

- "You can have an education practically anywhere. Except for countries where women are denied the right to an education...."

- "Aaaaaand he's back"

- "My point is: she pushed us away. We don't know why. And truth is we would've probably figured it out by now if we'd actually talk about it. But it hurts Luke too much and, like, it hurts the rest of us too. But we can't keep the memory of someone we lost from letting us enjoy London. Plus, i'm not giving up. She's lost, not gone."

- " I know Mike, i know, you're right. I just wish we knew she was okay, that's all."

We stand in line waiting for our order, pay and walk out. As Michael is telling me yet again the fascinating story about how Cal once dared him to streak in front of his crushes house, he bumps into this woman with a toddler.

- "Oh shi..." Michael stops himself once he sees the little kid. "Shiz. I was totally going to say shiz" he adds on as we help pick up the woman's belongings. Stupid Michael. He can't walk like a regular person.
Then I looked at her face. I took back mentally anything i could've said about Mike being a dumbass.

- " Luce?" we both say in unison, as she looks at us.
Lucy De La Cruz was standing right in front of us. Living, breathing. She was actually there.

- "Shit." she says.