"How've you been?" (Lucy's POV)

"This is BBC Radio 1, today we are welcoming Luke, Michael, Ashton and Calum from 5SOS! How've you been boys? It's been a while since we've talked to you mates!".
My. Heart. Fucking. Stopped.
God damnit, they'd been gone for 3 years, i just always thought they'd actually go away for good. Or at least, hoped they would.
Or, just never come to England. Ever again.
Not going to lie, hearing their names hurt me. Especially Luke's. It felt like i was being stabbed 50 thousand times with a machete. I could just lay low. Yeah yeah that's it i would just not go out. At all, for the next... until they leave i guess?
I couldn't keep avoiding them forever, it was becoming way too hard. The last text i had received was one from Ashton, 6 months ago.
"Hey Luce, haven't talked in a while. Sorry about that, i guess since you never really answer we figured you changed numbers, maybe this isn't even going to go anywhere. Or maybe you're just ignoring us. It's a little better for our ego to think you just changed numbers. Anyway, just text us back when you get the chance? I miss you, we all do -Ash"
Shit. That one really stung. I knew it was my fault if we weren't friends anymore, but i just couldn't do it. I couldn't move to L.A then, i couldn't hold on to Luke, i couldn't tell them to stay. It would've been for all the wrong reasons. Fuck! This sucks.
I turned off the radio before i went insane. I had to get out of my house. NOW.
"Alex! Come here we're going for a walk".