A/C

"Well that's new." Keith commented as Lance walked in through the door.

Usually on Friday nights, Lance would finish his night class and then go out to hang out with some friends. Yet today, there he was. Home at 10 o'clock sharp. Keith closed his book and watched as bis roommate threw his bag on the floor and then jumped into his bed, hiding his face in his pillow.

"Hey! Keep your bag on your side!" Keith snapped.

"Its in the middle!" Lance replied exasperated "Neutral territory!"

Keith gave him a ' you're kidding' look. Lance shook his head and hid his face again, giving Keith the finger while he was at it. Keith was about to go back to his book when he suddenly realized something.

"Lance.. You hear that?" He asked softly.

Lance uncovered his face once again and gave Keith a week look. Then he suddenly realized what he was talking about.

"More like what I don't hear." Lance confirmed.

They were both talking about the lack of noise their noisy air conditioning system usually made. The boys suddenly heard shouting from the hall way. Both of them got up to investigate. Lance and Keith stuck their head out their door and peeked into the hallway.

"Air conditioning system is broken! Open your Windows so we don't suffocate!" A student yelled.

"Got it!" Several other students responded.

Lance and Keith looked at each other and groaned.

"This is the second time this summer!" Keith complained "This building needs a new system."

"That we can agree on."

Lance barely noticed Keiths intense stare as he moped on his bed. Keith had sworn to himself he wouldn't grow an attachment to his roommate but it was too late. They had formed a love hate relationship and there was no going back.

Keith had noticed Lance went out less and less over the past few days. He would have expected him to leave more because of the broken A/C, but Lance seemed more down. He wasn't posing as a threat to anyones school year, he wasn't talking and being annoying, he was... Normal. And Keith didn't like that.

"Lance?" Keith called, hoping his roommate would tell him to fuck off or something.

"Hmmm?"

Not the respond he wanted.

"Get up." He commanded, standing up himself and grabbing a shirt.

Lance flipped over on his bed.

"What?" He questioned, looking at Keith oddly.

"Get up. We're leaving."

"We? What- hold on where are we going?"

Keith groaned and turned to his roommate.

"Just stand the fuck up," Keith stormed over to Lances side and grabbed  a random shirt and threw it at him "Get a shirt on because we are going to head out. It's a surprise."

Lance caught the shirt and sat up, rolling his eyes.

"I don't know what you're up to Mullet, but I'll trust you this one time."

Keith rolled his eyes and tapped his foot impatiently. Lance was struggling to put his shoes on, tripping and losing his balance.

"I don't know where you're taking me," Lance grunted "but it better be quick. It's already dark out and I want to sleep."