C1 I'm a Hero?!

It had been two days, since he was reincarnated as a human male child,  This was when Artpe came to a decision.

“I have to kill the Demon King.”

It was a really fucked up situation, but he had to kill the Demon King.

Why?

The reason was obvious.  A Demon King's 1st priority was to kill all of humanity. 

Artpe was a human now!

Would he have been better being reborn into the Demon race?  No way.

The reason why the bastard was trying to kill all the humans was the fact that the Demon King’s Innate Ability didn't allow him to dominate over humans.  His Innate Ability only worked on the Demon race, and the Demon King had been thorough in catching all the demons.  He had put all the Demons under his rule.

Since the Demon King existed in the same era as him, there was no way he’ll become free unless he killed the Demon King. 

Artpe had lamented when he was confronted with this decision.  He wanted to be alive to see the hopes and dreams of the future.

‘Why in the hell did I have to be sent back to the past!  If I was born 3 years after the hero or the Demon King was killed, I could have lived in the countryside without any ambitions.  I could have just lived, while I tended cows!’

He could somewhat guess at the mechanism behind his reincarnation.  His Read All Creation had evolved into its second stage.  He didn’t know the exact cause, but he knew this was all related to his ability.

He always knew his ability was unusual, but he never expected it to be able to bend time and space.  No, the fact that there even was a Step 2 to his Innate Ability was a surprise for him!

However, the problem he now faced was the fact that his Innate Ability had distorted not only time, but the cause-and-effect relationship of events.

“Artpe!”

The door opened in the same fashion as two days ago.  A bright light entered into the hut, and Artpe already knew the name of the girl entering the hut.

“I knew you would come, ‘Maetel’.”

“You were waiting for me!  I'm so happy!”

The girl let out a bright smile in front of Artpe.  She looked very young, but he was sure that she was one of the heroes in his memories, who had invaded the Demon King’s castle.  He had also verified this fact through his Read All Creation ability, so it was irrefutable.

“Why would I wait for you?  Just looking at you make me feel anxious.”

“Anxious? …..Ah, jeez~  Artpe~ ”

The 12 year old hero was under a false impression when she heard Artpe's words.  She squirmed and twisted her body in embarrassment.  Artpe groaned when he saw the young hero fall into a delusion.

During his past role as one of the Four Heavenly Kings of the Demon King’s army, the Demon King had ordered Artpe to gather information about the hero.  In truth, it was a task beneath even the weakest amongst the Four Heavenly Kings, but that fact wasn’t important right now.

The important part was the fact that the past hero didn’t have a childhood friend.

“Let's go play being heroes, Artpe!”

“I'm sorry, but I'm sick of both the heroes and the Demon King.”

“Then you can be one of the Demon King army's Four Heavenly Kings!”