C7 Dungeon with Death (3)

As they explored the 6th floor of the Dungeon, Artpe was gradually feeling an odd sensation.  No matter how he thought about it this Dungeon was too long.

“What kind of Dungeon is this?”

“Aren’t all Dungeons like this?”

“Most Dungeons are 3 floors long.  This is abnormal.”

Normally, if one looked at the Dungeon entrance, one could generally assess the difficulty of a Dungeon.  If a level 5 monster appeared on the first floor, the boss’ level was usually level 10 in the beginner’s Dungeon.

If there was an extra floor, the boss’ level would be around 15.  If the Dungeon was longer than expected, it would usually end on the third floor.  The boss’ level would be around level 20.  Even if the beginner adventurers were able to break through the Dungeon easily, they would all be killed in the end.

But this place...

[Humans….  I will kill everyone, who dares to intrude.]

“Hoo-ahhhhhhhhp!”

A level 33 Skeleton was quickly charging towards them.  Its eyes were emitting a blue light.  Maetel unhesitatingly charged forward to meet the Skeleton.  She dodged the Bone Sword way too easily, and she swung a Bone Club acquired from a Skeleton Warrior.  It ruthlessly crushed the Skeleton’s skull.

From the rear, two Skeleton Archers had been trying to let loose Bone Arrows.  Artpe had already taken care of them by throwing Mana infused Bone Daggers towards them.  The battle within the 3rd room of the 6th floor ended without any complications.

“We are already on the 6th floor, yet there are no signs of this Dungeon ending!”

“I won again!  Hoo-hee-hee.”

As Maetel kept winning, she realized that there was pleasure in triumph.  Artpe was sure she hadn’t acted this way in the past, so he wondered what had happened to ruin the trajectory of her growth.  Was Artpe really the one to cause this change?  In his past life, if the Demon King had seceded his seat to Artpe, he wondered if he would have been able to bring about a victory for the Demon world against the human world.  This was how great his brainwashing was!

“Why is Artpe so good at throwing weapons?”

“You were able to freely control and wield a blunt weapon when you picked it up.  My skills aren’t as great as yours.”

[Maetel]

[Level : 29]

[Blunt Weapon Lv4]

Artpe snorted at Maetel’s words as he looted the fallen Skeletons.  Maetel was now used to the concept of looting, so she helped Artpe.  A silver coin had dropped from one of the monsters.  It felt as if it was eons ago(it had been around 4 days) when they had been surprised by the appearance of silver coins.  Now the two of them picked it up without being surprised by its presence.

“It feels almost magical when my level increases.  I know I am the same person, yet I am well aware that that I can do much more now!  Something I would consider to be miraculous in the past is now part of my daily life.  Things that I considered to be impossible are within my reach.  This really is quite enjoyable.”

“Normally, that sensation can be barely achieved only after undergoing countless tribulation.  Please keep that in mind.”

Of course, Artpe was going through the same process as her, but Artpe had experienced reaching level 350 in his past life.  He was able to keep everything in perspective.