C4 I'm a Hero?! (4)

“Stay still, Artpe.”

“Hey.  Stop right there.  Don’t come over here.  Hey, hey!”

Artpe was facing the biggest threat of his lifetime.  The identity of this threat was a paste made from a handful of grass.  She held it in her hand.

“You’ll get better soon if I can put this on you.”

“Stop lying!  There is no way I’ll get better by applying such a dirty….  Ah.”

[Maetel]

[Level - 2]

[Medicine Lv4]

[Care Grass]

[The grass works against all types of wounds, but its effects are weak.  If the grass is made into a paste by combining liquid, its recuperative power is increased slightly.]

Maybe it could really heal his wound.

When that thought ran through his mind, Artpe immediately calmed down.  This was his mistake.  Unlike the previous incarnation of herself, the current hero had learned how to attack an opening.  In a flash, she darted in, and she put the grass paste on his knee!

“Ooh-ahhhhhhhk!”

“Just be still and get treated by me!”

“Ooh-ahhhh…  It really is getting better!”

She hadn’t put much effort into searching through the thicket.  After she pulled out the grass, she spat on it before mushing it. 

The pain disappeared in a flash after the paste was applied!

Artpe was taken aback by this unexpected aptitude the hero possessed.  She preened as she stuck out her still flat chest.

“My dad taught me about the different types of grasses. There are grasses you can eat, and of course, there are the ones that can treat wounds.  There are even a grass that can recover your energy.  He also taught me about which grasses are dangerous to eat.”

“I ignored you when you said you ate grass before, but now it sounds as if your words were predictive....”

“Let’s rest for a little bit until the medicine soaks in.  Ah.  Before we do that....”

Maetel found a patch of grass nearby, and she pulled out the wide leaved grasses.  She wiped it off on her sleeve.  Then she wrapped the wide leaves around the wound administered with the paste.  She tied it loosely.

She had looked fiendish when fighting the goblins, but in this light, she showed her feminine side.  If he was a normal boy, he would have fallen for her at this point in time.  Of course, Artpe was able to sidestep this issue.  The number one cause of death for the Four Heavenly Kings had been honey traps.  He was well-informed regarding this issue, so his heart didn't beat faster at all.

“Oopsy daisy.  It’s all done.”

“......thank you.”

“This is nothing compared to what Artpe has done for me!”

Maetel had a big smile on her face as she sat next to Artpe.  After the battle with the goblins had ended, they had decided to recover from the fatigue caused by their first battle.  They rested on top of a big boulder that was nearby.

“What I did for you…..”

Artpe felt guilty at Maetel’s words, so he let out a bitter laugh.

Truthfully, he had mixed feelings about all of this.  Was he really the same person as the version of himself, who had grown up with Maetel?  Why did Artpe have no memory of the time before he regained his memories?