C19 Our Sunbae-nim Did This? (3)

[This is ridiculous.  There is no way the curses placed on the dead will be transferred…..]

“Yes, they no longer exist, but they haven’t died yet.  You carry them on your back!  They are placed inside your chest!  Each one of them continue to live on as part of you.  Isn’t that right?”

In a flash, Artpe was able to apply several dozen Slowdown curse on the Death Knight  It creaked as it moved.  It was as if the Death Knight was wearing a rusted armor.  Artpe taunted it.

[Koo-hook…..!]

However, it had no way of counteracting the effect.  This effect was what made the Record Link such a dangerous magic!  It prevented the death of beings that should be dead, and all their power was transferred.  Basically, they could live on within an another entity!

“This is why even the weakest curse will be transferred to you.  If I want to have numerous curses placed on you….  I just have to kill them all.”

Artpe forcefully swung his hand as the shield flew through the air.  The shield moved based on his will.  Even now, the shield was slicing through the falling Zombies and Ghouls.

Its bears repeating that the curse contained within the shield was weak.  It was able to  attach a weak slowdown effect on its target, but the effect could be stacked.

As each Undead fell from the sky, Artpe cut them into pieces with his shield.  It felt as if  shackles were being placed all over the Death Knight’s body every time an Undead was killed.

[Kooo-ahhhhhhhhhh!]

“Of course, the one left behind will be the one to suffer.  This is the biggest reason why the Record Link was banned.  If you didn't know that, you should study up on it.  Well, it is too late for you to do so.”

Artpe laughed uproariously.  The Death Knight had tried to attack him, yet his efforts were in vain, since Maetel had been able to hold it back.  It had been a long long time, since he had felt this much mirth.

“It is rare to find a curse that can stack infinitely.  Why do you think I haven’t scrapped this lousy shield?  Why do you think I was frugal in its use?”

[Nooo wayyyy.  Noooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.  Youuuuuuuuuuu  Baaaaaaaaaa-ssssssssssssss-taaaaaaaaaaard.]

“Yes.”

The power of the slowdown curse within the shield had a widespread effect of causing minuscule slowdown on the target’s intelligence, stamina, Mana and skills.  The Death Knight was feeling the cumulative effect of over hundred of these curses.  The speed of Death Knight’s thought process and the ability to speak had slowed down to a ridiculous degree.

“Yes.  I, Artpe-nim, prepared for the boss battle from the beginning.  I readied all of this for this day when I would dispel the restriction I placed on the Record Link!”

Artpe sneered at the Death Knight, and he took the coolest pose he could come up with for maximum effect.  He used to be one of the Four Heavenly King of the Demon King’s army.  He was a being that acted as if his arrogance had no bounds!  He bragged whenever he gained a sliver of advantage over his enemies!   He did this in the most spiteful and shameless manner!

“Artpe is too cool!”

[Koooooooooh-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!]

While Artpe was busy posing, the shield tirelessly cut through the body of the falling Zombies and Ghouls.

He had sharpened the edges of the shield in anticipation for this day.  There was no way its edges would dull right now.  The number of monsters killed went from several dozen to several hundred then to several thousand.