C17 Our Sunbae-nim Did This? (1)

Artpe headed down the stair leading towards the 35th floor.  He grinded his teeth as the Dungeon shamelessly showed no signs of ending.

“What kind of Dungeon is this!?”

“Aren’t all Dungeons like this, Artpe?”

Maetel’s innocent eyes shone as she asked the question.  She had drawn the short end of the stick by coming into this brutal Dungeon as her first Dungeon.  However, she didn’t have the proper perspective to know any better.  She didn’t get tired of this place, and she didn’t complain.  She possessed an essential virtue needed as a Dungeon explorer….

“Mmm.  What I’m trying to say is…..”

Artpe couldn’t tell if this was a good thing or not.  Therefore, he evaded giving an answer by stroking her head.  In turn, Maetel’s eyes narrowed in pleasure as if she was a cat.   Mycenae had left behind her cart to look at them.  She had a gentle look in her eyes as she spoke.

“It looks as if you are training an animal, customer.”

“Shut up.  I want 245 gold.”

“You said you’ll sell it to me for 230 gold a moment ago!?”

“The price on items aren’t fixed.  The price can fluctuate depending on my condition or if the other person is being rude.  Let’s see…  Right now it should be 247…..”

“Two hundred forty five gold!  I’ll buy it!”

At this rate, Mycenae knew the price might increase further, so she quickly pushed the money towards him.

“Here.”

“Koo-ooooooooooh.”

Artpe grinned as he handed her the item.  Mycenae used her observation magic to check the item, and she let out a groan.

“Kook.  As expected, it is a really good weapon….  Your ability to price an item is really uncanny.  It makes me want to recruit you into the Anywhere company.”

“You won’t steal Artpe away from me, ajumma!”

“I’m really not an ajumma!”

Maetel, who had been standing there like a lamb, quickly hid Artpe behind her.  Then she bared her teeth towards Mycenae.  It made one wonder if she was a dog or some form of an animal in her previous life.  Artpe patted Maetel, who was seriously worried.

“Even if I wanted to go, I won’t be able to.  Don’t worry about it.  Anyways, if you sell that item to anyone, you’ll be unable to handle the aftermath.  Be careful.”

The identity of the artifact handed over to Mycenae was a Blood Gold Halberd, which held the curse of madness.

It accelerated the destruction of the user’s mind as a powerful downside, but the weapon would all one to destroy all enemies and allies alike.

However, Maetel already had control over her Berserk skill, so it was a useless weapon for her.  Moreover, the weapon was too heavy for Artpe to wield.

Still, it would be an attractive option to most adventurers or mercenaries.  The weapon would lead the user down a path of destruction, yet ambition made people take up such weapons.  It was a trait inherent in all humans.

“Hoo hoo.  As a merchant, my duty is to sell it at a high price.  It is beyond my province to determine, who becomes the owner of an item.”

“You are an unscrupulous trader.”

Artpe let out a bitter laugh as he took out 100 gold from his pouch, and he pushed it towards Mycenae.  She already knew what he would ask for.  Mycenae didn’t give a reply as she took the money.  Then she prepared the potions, water and ration.