C12 Growth of the Heroes (4)

[I’ve already acknowledged….  Kuhk!]

[We’ll back off for now, and the others will test….!]

“I told you I won't let you guys run awayyyyyyyyy!”

Artpe’s Mana was being shared with Maetel, and she was like a predator that didn’t get tired.

The Skeletons couldn’t gauge Maetel’s ability using her level.  Still,  they managed to come to the right decision.  They expressed their intent on giving up on the battle.  However, it was way too late to do so.  Maetel’s rage refused to diminish when she saw their shameless behavior.  It actually increased it.

“You guys originally planned on killing Artpe!  Now you want to admit defeat and retreat?  You guys are mean.  You are all very mean!  I almost lost Artpe!  You guys want to end this with just a single speech!  You guys are really really mean!”

[There’s no point.  We told you there is no point in going further than this!]

[The hero’s rage…  Your rage will put you on a path of no return…..]

“You guys are the one, who will be put on a path of no return!  Eeyahhhh!”

When one saw Maetel’s outer appearance, one would assume she’ll have a hard time lifting the huge bastard sword.  However, the sword was moving freely in the hands of Maetel.

The white blade didn’t discriminate between vertical and horizontal swings.  She was like a salmon wading up a fierce current.  She mercilessly sliced and crushed the bodies of the Skeletons.

Fortunately, she still had enough awareness to realize that she must not kill any of them.  She was basically holding onto a single thread of her reason.

It was something very hard to do even for Berserkers, who lived many years alongside their rage.  However, Maetel was doing it.

“You are running around wildly like an idiot…...”

Artpe recovered his Mana, and he focused on sharing it with Maetel.  Of course, Artpe’s Mana was on a different class compared to Maetel’s Mana.   Even after supplying Mana required to sustain Maetel’s Berserk state, he was still overflowing with Mana. 

After he became somewhat confident in maintaining the link, he gathered the sharp bone fragments in his surrounding.  As he maintained the Mana link with her, he strengthened the bone fragments with Mana.  Then he started attacking them from distance.  Each throw incapacitated a Skeleton.

The two heroes once again started an airtight attack.  They were facing a group of enemies that had increased in size by several dozen magnitude!

[I have no idea what is going on.]

[Why are there two heroes?  Did these two really show up in the same era?]

[Our role is to conduct the test.  That is it.  It is our duty to guide them to the next location then we will back off.]

[However, at this rate….]

She dismantled the limbs of the most talkative Skeleton first.  Maetel’s bastard sword was swung like a club, and she sent the disabled Skeletons into the corner of the hallway.

There was a pile consisting of 90 Skeletons.

Artpe made sure the Skeletons couldn't recover.  He mainly used his shield to dice them up.  The shield was connected to Artpe by a strap reinforced by Mana, and it freely sliced through the air.  It was like a boomerang.

[This is like….]

As the two heroes continued their dominance, a particular Skeleton was hit by Maetel’s sword on its cheek bone.  It let out a groan that wasn’t actually a groan.