C10 Growth of the Heroes (2)

Maetel had been the one to finish off the Skeleton Warrior, but in reality, Artpe had basically killed it on his own. Of course, the act of running from the 6th floor to the 1st floor counted towards the Battle Contribution, but there was no doubt that Artpe would be getting the higher portion of the EXP.

Artpe's level went up by 6 thanks to the EXP. He climbed to level 30. Maetel's level rose by 3, so she was now level 32. The large level gap between them had closed somewhat

"How's your wound, Maetel?"

"My wound has gotten better after I leveled up. If we don't get into a fierce battle, I'm confident it won't overtax me."

"What about the grass you used before?"

"I still have some."

Artpe created an emergency medicine with the help of Maetel. After taking off her armor, he treated her remaining wounds. When Maetel exposed her bare skin, her cheeks had turned red. However, Artpe didn't say anything as he had a serious light in his eyes.

"All right. Let's put on some bandages then you can put your clothes back on."

"Those bandages been left inside the wooden chest for a very long time, so why is it new?"

"This is just the way of the universe. Just accept it."

"Yes!"

The first aid was done, and the only thing left was the most enjoyable part of a battle. It was time for him to check the loot. Artpe cautiously reached out towards the red bone gauntlet. He read it with his Read All Creation ability, and words started to take shape.

[Crimson Rage Bone Gauntlet]

[The Undead had been in existence for numerous years, and a good amount of magical energy had been distilled into the bones of the Undead. A powerful rage felt right before its death formed differentiated an artifact. The item is very hard, and when the wearer is able to control one's emotions, one's power will be boosted by 20%. As a price, a fixed portion of one's magical energy will be consumed.]

"Mmmmm."

"What's wrong, Artpe?"

This drop item pretty much held the essence of the Skeleton Warrior. Artpe let out a sigh of regret as he looked at it. It had the basic requirements of a defensive gear. It had sheer solidity, and while it did consume magical energy, it could increase one's strength by 20%. It was a hard to acquire artifact of this quality when one considered their level.

However....

'I hoped an artifact that would be of help to me would show up. However, this was a warrior type Elite, so it can't be helped.'

Maetel had already acquired the bastard sword used by the Skeleton Warrior. He checked it with his Read All ability, but the bastard sword didn't have a special option. Still, it was able to absorb magical energy pretty well. It's strength, durability and energy was that of a unique artifact. At the very least, one wouldn't need to change this equipment until level 100.

In this context, the gauntlet would now be in the possession of Maetel. It was hard to do such simplistic comparisons, but it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that she would become twice as strong with this item equipped.

It was good news for him that she would become more powerful. On the other hand, he couldn't help, but feel like crap. The curse he had possessed in his previous profession as one of the Four Heavenly King had followed him here! It stubbornly stuck to him!

"Tsk. It can't be helped. You should wear this, Maetel."

"What about Artpe....?"

"If something I need appears, it won't matter if you beg or cry. I'll ruthlessly push you away to keep that item. So don't worry about taking this item."