C11 Growth of the Heroes (3)

Record Link.

It was classified as an ancient magic.  It was a great magic that was representative of spells that were very troublesome to activate and maintain.

If one wanted to activate this magic, one needed souls and bodies that had similar mana pattern, skills and special characteristics.  The resonance created allowed them to easily identify each other’s intent.  Moreover, if one of them died, all the power within its soul and body would be transferred to the others through the link.

In theory, if one killed the parts linked to the whole, the overall capability of the group would remain the same.

Up to this point, it sounded as if it was a technique that would allow one to create the strongest organization in this continent.  However, the prerequisite of finding beings that were similar in mana pattern, techniques and special characteristics was fiendishly hard.  In truth, no one was able to activate such magic throughout history.

Even if one was successful in activating it, there would be a horrific penalty if the will of one was slightly out out of sync with the others.  It would cancel the magic spell, and the horrible side effects would be shared by all.  This was why this spell was designated as a forbidden spell throughout this continent.  It was simply labeled as being an insane magic.

[Goo-ahhhhhhhhhhh!]

[Do this fair and square!]

[I want to be of help to my comrade, but I am unable to do that!]

These mad Skeletons had been linked through the forbidden spell.  He never expected to find such a secret technique being used in a Dungeon placed in the countryside.  Artpe was extremely shocked.

“Maetel!  They can recover from broken bones, so I want you to completely crush their arms and legs!  I want you to avoid killing them at all costs!”

“Understood!  Eh-eet!  Eh-eeeet!”

[Koo-ahhhhhhhh!]

Of course, he was taken aback by all of this, but he was able to keep his shock separate from what was going on in the battle. 

The most important trait for the Demon King army’s Four was composure!  The second most important trait was also composure!  The best way to maintain composure was to go through all the scenarios beforehand.  One had to think about what had yet to occur, and the consequences of each scenario.  Composure was for those who planned ahead!

First, Artpe and Maetel made it impossible for the three Skeletons to move.  After taking care of them, they confronted the five Skeletons running towards them.

“Bring it on!”

[Damn it!  They aren’t doing the trial in a fair manner...]

“Huh?  Five Skeletons gathered here to attack two children.  I’m having a hard time taking those words seriously when it is coming from you guys.”

[······.]

The Skeletons looked taken aback when they saw their comrades roll around the floor in a pitiful state.  However, they couldn’t do anything for them.  The Record Link’s biggest restriction was the inability to attack one’s comrades.

“If we leave them in a state where they can’t die, we can block them from strengthening themselves.  If we hadn’t known Record Link was being used, we would have been screwed.  However, all tactical magic is useless in front of my Read All Creation ability!”

“As expected, Artpe is amazing!”

[Cowards!]

“You guys are almost past level 50, yet you are attacking us as a group!  I don’t want to hear such words from you guys!”